1K views

Does WFG solve a problem? They sure do.

I still think that they help people improve ones financial health. Is WFG a scam or a legitimate company.

They really are a legitimate company…or else the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) would allow them to sell financial products. There is real truth and facts out there so please look beyond the first page of your WFG google search...

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with World Financial Group. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about World Financial Group.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Financial Services category for more informed decision or compare World Financial Group to other companies on our site.

Comments

WFG is barely below the threshold before being considered a pyramid scheme under FTC guidelines which is a big red flag. They are as legitimate as a taxpayer undervaluing their assets in order to pay less tax (and even though it's legal in certain situations, doesn't make it right).

millionaires that somehow filed for chapter 7

there are no good people selling this bs, just crooks and cons and scam artists. I've noticed how this particular 'business woman' has a different group of friends every few months and for someone who claims to have an attorney as a best friend who specializes in bankruptcy hasn't advised good old olive balkhi about the fallacy of her 'business'

William, John the moonies convention is the 20th of this month. they're not millionaires anymore.

they're billionaires! seriously the claims get more outlandish

to Michael65 #1169726

Some are now billionaires and as usual show us all there estates with live tours and all those millions paid in taxes the last years..probably will arrive there all in lambo's.My friends haven't upgraded from there 2 bedroom 64k home and they are still working side jobs....only 2 years to go in there 5 year plan to retire thow...HAHA!! Time for the yearly brainwashing session in ola las vegas boys and girls! 99,5% stay poor in good runed pyramid....I've got to go now my mansion is now ready from the daily cleaning and it's time for my massage and petit four...later!

to john43 #1169884

Lol

My friend is heading to Vegas and wants me to join him and was blabbering something about the Green jackets. What is that.

Do you know anything about that. He indicated that he joined the 50k club whatever that means and being invited by his company.

Any suggestions whether I should go. Thanks

to Anonymous #1171085

Well if your friend is like the others and if he makes 50k a year he's in the 1% making money..and those numbers are from official wfg commission #'s that show that only that amount of agents make it to that level...now as all the pep talk of all those making 6 or 7 figures are all from bragging rights take it with a grain or 2 of salt.We've seen millionnaires driving 2004 Pontiac sunfires so talk is cheap as we say.If you have to pay for a plane ticket just to listen to rah rah pep rallies with no actual training your better off keeping your money and investing it IMO! The average agent and recruit for 250,000 workers is about 2200$/year so well under the minimum wage or just being poor line...but they'll defend this to the death as it's a cult and when you're hooked in this mess then try to leave you will be shunned like a cult also.

The only problem that WFG solves is the fact that they provide a legal way for desperate people to make a big buck by taking advantage of people before they are even aware of what they are doing. To me, this is not problem solving. Unfortunately, there are some people who believe it is.

Is the nation wide IUL they sell the same thing as the FFIUL you speak of? I was shown the math through their nationwide IUL software.

The amount of money I could take out yearly seemed "alright" at best and considering inflation by that point in time it won't be very much really. I think it said if I put in somewhere between 160k i would have accumulated ~600k by age 60, i'm 26 and assuming i put in the max amount allowed. Im extremely skeptical especially because nothing was mentioned about the COI during the meeting.

The software showed that at some point I don't have to put any more money in (adound age 60) and I can just keep taking out small chunks til age 84ish.

Is this even right? Doesnt the COI mean i have to keep paying them?

to Anonymous #1165403

They most likely used an illustration somewhere close to 8%, which is very optimistic. Ask them to show you what it looks like if you get a more realistic return of 3-4% (After all the fees that they don't consider).

Then it will show it lapsing well before retirement, so why would they show you this? Then they won't get the sale.

William3
to Anonymous Berkeley, California, United States #1165406

Yes, Anon, I agree with you. I used 5% in my review example and even then it shows the FFIUL cash value running out in the mid 70s/early 80s when you properly account for the monthly fees and charges. If you go to Whitecoatinvestor dot com and search on Dahle’s post titled 5-reasons-not-to-buy-indexed-universal-life-insurance and look on page 3, you find this:

“...These [IUL] policies are likely to provide a return very similar to that of whole life insurance (with the possibility of much worse performance), which is easily seen to be in the 2% to 5% range long term for a policy bought today and held for life…”

The author explains his reasoning for this elsewhere in that post.

to Anonymous #1165437

Why would they not show me the realistic returns even after the fees? It's not like the fees are an option, if that is the case then that's illegal isn't it?

Is there somewhere I can research that 3-4% is a realistic return? the person mentioned that 12% is the cap and I honestly do not remember the percentage that they used while using the software but you may be right about the 8%.

I have very little financial knowledge, my background is in the tech industry so any information I can get from reliable sources will help tremendously.

The people are friendly there, and I actually haven't had any bad experience since the higherups that I have spoken with both are very well educated from top universities in Illinois, so I assumed they had the best financial intention for me. Coupling that with my friend being the person to refer me to them I thought it would not be a waste of time for me.

I really don't like that the business involves contacting people and trying to sell them these products, or recruiting them to join and making profit from their efforts.

Its really not something that I want to do. It may be the right path for some people considering the money they claim to be making, but I went to school for something completely different and I want to stick to it because I like it.

I'll be honest I did pay the 100$ fee and have attended some of their meetings, and the whole vegas thing already got brought up which I am not going to attend no matter how hard they push it.

They also mentioned all these other things that you have to complete, "Elite Circle" and the licencing, which I did the math and in total it ends up being over $500. Again never mentioned in the initial meeting.

I had a different view of this when my colleague tried to get me to go to their events a few times until I agreed.

I thought I would be working with my own money, not trying to sell things to other people.

to Anonymous #1165500

The fact is, there are very nice and good people who still sell these kind of products. They are a victim of trusting too much in what they are told while training, then all of a sudden they own one themselves and have sold a few, and unfortunately in a lot of cases there is no turning back.

You get to the point where someone shows them the truth and they can either choose to ignore it and continue to take advantage of people or they can stop selling it and do the right thing for people. Another choice is to leave the industry completely and hide and hope the phone doesn't ring years later.

William3

Sure Anon. How you feel and all that ho-hum.

You say “...I still think that..” and other unsupported opinions. As for the SEC licenses, Bernie Madoff, Sam Israel, Charles Keating, Ivan Boesky, and Michael Milken, just to name a few famous fraudsters, they all had their SEC licenses. Till they didn’t and went to jail. What you say here Anon “...There is real truth and facts out there so please look beyond the first page of your WFG google search…” Um, can you be more vague on that “real truth” and those “facts?” Mind actually showing us a few of them?

And it’s interesting you even suggest these are “beyond the first page of your google search.” The negative WFG comments rise to the top for very good reasons.

Not because people irrationally hate on a company. They have solid and legitimate cause to write negative comments about WFG.