2.8K views

so, I have taken the time to read through many of the responses/complaints listed on this site....something I rarely take the time to do!I stay away form online criticism as it basically boils down to simply ones opinion and personal experiences.

By trade, I am a Psychologists. I was recently introduced to this business and jumped right in! My experiences have been nothing but positive. Like any opportunity in life, things are what you make it.

WFG is not a JOB, it is an opportunity for someone to own their own financial business. I have never been mislead regarding the costs to become licensed or to enter the business. We have the opportunity to market and sale the products of some of the largest insurance companies in the world. If WFG is a scam, then the multi-billion dollar insurance companies are scams as well.

Give me a break! I tell you, one of the most expensive things anyone can own is a closed mind!!! WFG is a dream come true for anyone looking to earn a great income while providing families with excellent products. We do not make money off recruiting.

If I decided to not recruit anyone, I could still make money by the products I personally sell. Open your minds people. Do not be held captive to the opinions of others!

WFG is the best thing that ever happended to me!!!!Stay well people!

Had an Experience with World Financial Group?

Comments

World Financial Group (WFG) has a mission: to help people from all walks of life build a better future.Through our business platform, we have removed the barriers that have kept people from achieving the dream of owning their own business, and our associates prove each day that, by helping others achieve their goals, success just happens.

You can be a part of that success.

As a WFG associate, you are in business for yourself, but not by yourself. The company’s world-class platform offers all the tools and resources you need to hit the ground running and build a financial services business that can help change the futures of thousands of families and generations to come.

This platform, coupled with your willingness to learn and determination to succeed, can help you start a new career and own your future.If WFG is a Scam Its Because everone says its a scam, Have an Open Mind and Find a Location near you we would be glad to talk to you and Welcome you to one of our Presentations and will answer any question you may have regarding WFG,

to WFG America Orange County, California, United States #999577

Its funny you tell people to have an open mind - why dont you take a look at a lovely conversation between a current WFG employee and myself from YESTERDAY.

http://world-financial-group.pissedconsumer.com/conversation-w-wfg-employee-stateing-anti-american-views-20150625656016.html here is the link to the screen shot of the lovely conversation (not) - yes i am aware stating is spelled wrong

Columbus, Ohio, United States #875126

If you are a psychologist you would, presumably, (hopefully), know how to spell, and use proper grammar.It also begs the question as to why you would take the time to post a comment regarding this company, not to mention why you would get involved selling insurance if you have an advanced degree.

Either you are A) not a licensed psychologist or B) incompetent, both of which explains the reason you posted the comment to begin with.Thank you for your post because now I know not to get involved with a company that can't even post intelligent and verifiable comments in response to the overwhelming bad reputation both WFG & FFG has!

to Jim Stockton, California, United States #941342

Plenty of wfg agents are Dr.s, nurses, pharmacists, etc.Many agents have degrees like their bachelors, masters and doctorates, BUT they still work under an employer.

To run their own practice in these fields requires a great deal of initial expenses to start up plus the responsibility for any possible risks. WFG offers a more flexible schedule for part time and building your business is no where near the thousands of dollars invested in starting up a practice. If you were properly educated in the medical field, insurance agencies and other financial service providers you would understand much better.

Oh yes, before I forget.

I know people two people that work for NASA, both spent 8 years at CalTech... And their SPELLING is awful.

NASA, ok?Don't judge one's intelligence on their weak subjects, they may be excellent mathematicians or vice versa.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #786427

You can google any company and come up with negativity...if that is what you are looking for.WFG is a great company for people who want to run a business.

If you are employee minded and don't want to change, it is not for you. WFG is changing the way the financial services industry works, THAT IS WHY THEY RECRUIT. Jobs recruit, universities recruit, the arny recruits, lol. WFG sits down with everyday people and helps families.

They have access to over 140 companies so they can offer you something you can afford based on what you say you need.

As opposed to those with quotas and limited financial products, who have to convince you that you NEED their product.Stop being afraid and see for yourself.

to thinkerdoer Columbus, Ohio, United States #875131

I agree thinkerdoer, if you want to make money with a MLM organization where the money being made is by pumping up people with dreams of a career and a decent income by recruiting them to recruit others to recruit others to recruit others...well I guess I get the point.You don't want to make money doing the hard work and spending countless hours educating yourself to be a real working agent and being a credit to your profession and community.

You need to recruit other people to get their family & friends to buy in, not so much by protecting their families with top-notch advice, consultative planning and needs analysis, (although that gives you your cover story) but by recruiting other people.

You should be ashamed but people who scam others have no shame of course and have no conscience.You have no qualms about defrauding you fellow humans.

Elmhurst, Illinois, United States #637855

I actually represent a different company with a much different strategy than wfg.the reason I came to this page was because I have ran into people complaining about this company.

I also found out that 5 of my friends were apart of the company. the problem people are having is that they do not completely understand the way life insurance works especially universal life policies whome I am completely against. the problem is not with wfg as a company its the product. I have read these threads and came to the conclusion that the people complaining never understood the way whole life policies work and it seems to me that the reps selling the policies didn't either.

To pay a policy for the remainder of your life is ridiculous. the cash value does take about 2 years to start accumulating as is normal with mos whole life policies do to the fact that the first 2 years goes to commissions and fees (front load). I work different buy term invest the rest (10%-12% returns on investment). and most people don't need life insurance for the rest of their life.

I don't know how wfg works but I paid in $99 for my application fee that went to the state. and have not paid a dime for training material classes or licenses. I got life licensed, series 6,63,65 securities licenses all within 3 months and it didnt cost me a cent. my training meetings are about investments not about recruiting.

the problem here I belive is the lack of rep. education. I am a frim...

I don't belive in wfg's product or any whole life companies product BTW wfg is not the actual insurance company.keep your insurance and investments separate, these whole life policies are extremely expensive and the rates of return are unrealistic.

to javie13k Monterey Park, California, United States #637915

Javie13k, you're obviously a member of Primerica "termites" . Primerica sells only its own term life insurance policies and started the whole business of "buy term insurance and put the rest in mutual funds." Honestly, it revolutionized the insurance industry at the time, and the philosophy is actually very sound, right up to the point where you add people. "Invest the rest" is excellent advice, but most folks never even check the statements on their 401k's, much less follow/understand enough about the market, portfolio diversification, etc., to do their own investing with any competence. People who "invested the rest" in 2000 and then looked at their portfolios in 2010 found that their portfolio had not only gone nowhere, but was probably down a percentage point or two after 10 years of those Primerica-suggested "10-12% returns." Add to that what they lost to 10 years of 3-3.5% inflation, and you have a retirement disaster.

WFG (and TFA) doesn't represent a limited viewpoint on financial products. We have hundreds of companies to choose from and thousands of products. We not only sell term life where it's appropriate (and it often is), but we also offer indexed and variable universal life products which are a far cry from the old days of whole life insurance (which Primerica folks often lump together with modern indexed and variable products, but which have little or no relationship with each other). Simply investing in a mutual fund or two doesn't diversify...

But wait, there's more. If you're really a "firm believer that if I'm goign to do something I do research and learn all I can about what I'm doing," javie13k, you'd have already learned that selling term policies and the occasional mutual fund is not going to provide much in the way of personal production income. By offering a FULL slate of products to families and allowing them to decide what's best for them (rather than telling them what the company philosophy insists on), you have far more opportunities to produce on a personal basis, and your recruits and business associates have a much better chance of making money not only for themselves, but for you as well (overrides). I'd advise you to open your mind and do the research one more time; you'll probably find that while Primerica was a great "beginner" company, it's largely become a dinosaur these days. Good luck!

to javie13k #693744

I agree with some of what you said.Unfortunately you are not up to date about how good the newer pernament insurances are.

There are policies that have the option of not paying past a certain age because the cash value takes over. It is basically "buy term and invest the difference in one product". The investments within the product can be the same as the investments you can get separately now. Unfortunately I run into alot of people that tried to "buy term and invest the difference" and failed to invest enough.

Then life happened and are retiring with mortgage debt and without insurance because either the premiums got too expensive to maintain or the term ended. By the time they get into retirement, well, they can't retire. "Buy term and invest the difference" strategy is not for everyone.

World Financial Group attempts to educate people of that fact and, if "buy term and invest the difference" is appropriate, structure it so that, should perament insurance be required later, convert the term policy.That way, whatever is right for the client happens all the way through their lives

to javie13k Columbus, Ohio, United States #875134

What total ***!Even Warren Buffett can't get 10-12% return you ***.

And if the people posting negative comments about the products didn't understand what they were getting into it wasn't their own fault, it's the representative fault because of incompetence and malfeasance when selling an unsuitable product for that individual.

Oh and by the way, if getting a life license and the securities license didn't cost you a cent you don't have those licenses.