a few months ago i was in the process of picking applications at the mall when i was approached by a woman named natalia about my age and told me about a job opening her husband had and asked for my number and said if he was interested they would call well they certainly called bout 3days later and asked me to come in so i did thinkin i was on to something they invited me to their event they have...(not even just alot of ppl trying to scam u in) anyways they were all nice and perky and when i asked wut the catch was they all would laugh in my face and said u will have to wait for the big suprise when u go to the slide show...well certainly it was a suprise...these ppl were talkin bout how much money they were makin and how some of us didn't have the chance to come close to makin that much and how some of us didn't have th ability to even get into a job they even told us no questions to be asked about the job....so finally the guy was done talking and says i know u all are goin to ask well wuts the catch well heres the catch u pay ur background check thats $100 and training about $2,000 wow i told them i would come back to talk and certainly i never went back these *** called me for a week straight wantin me to come in to talk...never again will i fall for somethin like that...

Comments

San Leandro, California, United States #737274

*** people like this make me laugh I met some one like that to I went to their meeting & it was one of the best experienses ever yes you have to invest money on your own licence in order to make money if you never get licenced you will think its a scam. Just like a doctor or a lawyer cant work with out their licence..

Come on people really you make me laugh unfortunally I couldn't get licenced because I have setain things in my record that wont allow me to get licenced but if I could I would invests $2,000 if that was the amount that I had to invest in the licence but its only $450 the total..there is alot of *** people out there that think that their boss will alwqys have a job for them not knowing that when they get tired of you they will just fire you without even thinking about it.. They don't care if you have kids or not as long as they feed their own family..

Joe, reply #13 was intentional. I was mocking the original complainer.

Duh, ***!

You're not a part of this anyway. Go find a newer thread to troll!

In post #13, funny that this guy is complaining about grammar, but then leaves out most necessary commas and required periods.

All of the financial services industry works in this manner. You pay a firm to "let" you become licenced and to "let you" learn the business from them.

It is a hard business and there are rewards for those who do well, but this is not more of a scam than any other firm, unless the firm has not told you how it works, before you get involved.

But even if they tell you, you will never really know unless you try it. For some people it is a great fit.

People, you're giving this guy way too much power here. Yes ...

power. This complaint about $2000 and wasted time has transformed into a debate about improperly used syntax.

Trolling, hijacking--call it what you want, but try not to antagonize him. It's what he wants.

Carpediem

I loved the bravery of your critique. It was especially amusing as your own grammar, punctuation, and spelling were suspect.

"Grammar Nazi" - I like it! Thanks, Renjick, for your vote of confidence. I'm back!!!

*you're

Because I wouldn't want a grammar nazi coming after me. :cry

Good for you Carpediem! Admitting your a troll is the first step to moving away from that bridge. =)

Kelly, you're right. I have no life. Maybe I should just throw in the towel.

cd

Carpediem,

This will be my last response: It’s really sad to hear that you are such a pathetic soul that does not have anything better to do but to go online and make fun of strangers to find a little amusement in your life. If you think that belittling others will put you on top of the pyramid you are only fooling yourself. I have only three more words for you = GET A LIFE!!!!

Kelly, don't tell me what to do! I'll come on here and work myself up it I want to! What better way to end my short life than to let a stranger in a forum cause me to have a stroke?

Are you serious? You think I'm honestly angry? I come on this site to get a good laugh from illiterates like Kandie kizzes.

Grammar is completely relevant. If I can't understand it or the complainer doesn't take to the time to at least use periods, how can I take their opinion seriously? When people are this inept, I can't help but to point and laugh ... hard.

And it doesn't take courage to get on this anonymous "Complaint" site and share an experience that might or might not have happened. Its my opinion that the purpose of this site is to share credible, articulate, and genuine concerns of business/personal transactions ... not a illegible rant from some anonymous youngster that's pissed off because she wasted a couple of hours of her time.

Oh ... my chest! My left arm. Oh no, I've got high blood pressure now ... help ... ohhh. :x

$2,000? I have been to those perky presentations and they did creep me out a little just because I felt too pressured.

However, my best friend was able to quit her job, work on her own time and even take the summer off with her children and travel because she signed up with WRL. It is $100 to apply (admin fee), about $150 to take the test (you need to be licensed to sell insurance), and you do need to go to some training classes (they do not charge you) and buy your own supplies like pen, paper, appointment book and the manual ($20)... Maybe they wanted you to get a higher license? This is a credible company.

Why would ING, Purdential, John Hancock, Transamerica...

to name a few... work with a scam company?

The sales talks creep me out too but this truly is a great company if you have the desire.

Carpedium,

Chill out! Don't give yourself high blood pressure or an unnecessary stoke!

Life is too short. Take it easy enjoy it.

Kelly *** me the grammar is irrelevant when the message is "well understood" when messages are written this way they're impossible to understand did you and i read the same complaint how in the world is it well understandable by anyone and he//no i don't work for WFG did i say i worked for them no dumba$$ read before you reply *** is this well understood enough for you

to carpediem Walnut Creek, California, United States #765016

Carpadiem,

You and Kelly needs to cool it. Are you both not adult?

Unless you both wants to go back to kindergarten where you can act like children. GROW UP will you?

Carpediem,

Yes, you definitely missed the point. The purpose of these reviews is to share experiences of people, whether they are good or bad so consumers are aware of the pros and cons of what’s out there.

The grammar is irrelevant when the message is well understood. Anyone that has the courage to come forth and post their experiences should be admired not criticized especially for something so minute. I hope you are not a representative of WFG, you would scare away their potential clients.

NOT A GOOD THING!!! 

i had a familiar experience as most of you did. i was brought to a meeting by one of my friends telling me about this opportunity so i went to see what the fuzz was all about.

I too met real people who worked for the company, real nice people too.

n-e-who.

long story short... i joined a few months ago and with the "FREE" training i recieved i have made a total of $20,000 (rounded up). so to you who think its a scam, they just want your money!

IT ISNT. I was doubtfull at first too but i gave it a chance and it has totaly changed my $2,000 income a month life to a great life for me and my kids.

So, someone you don't know walks up to you in the mall and offers you a job and you somehow think it is legit?

Kandie, have you ever heard of a period? {.} Its a very useful grammatical tool to keep a paragraph/statement/letter from becoming one big, messy, RUN-ON SENTENCE; i.e. your complaint. You didn't use one period in your entire rant. What the ***? Did you go to school?

From your naivety and your inarticulate recollection of said events, I guess you to be about 12? Yet, most educated tweenagers know how to correctly punctuate a general paragraph. Hmmm?

Regardless, I've got four words for you = GOOD LUCK IN LIFE!

Ps. Were you complaining about something? I was so shocked by your horrid syntactical skills, I must have missed it.