1K views

My friend, 65 years old, signed up with WFG 2 years ago. He is now the proud owner of two piece of *** houses in Bakersfield, with interest only loans!

They advised him to take all the equity out of his 51 year-old house, and buy the 2 homes with interest only loans! Not only is he over $1million in debt, he should have retired after 42 years in the same industry, but he can't, because he's paying on these homes and the values have dropped so significantly, that he is working 60 yours/week to stay afloat! He might even lose his own home!

I know another lady, Spanish-Speaking, that was "advised" by another rep to take all the equity out of her home, and invest in an EIUL insurance policy! (Equity Indexed Universal Life or Universal Variable Life) She is 79 and about to lose her home!

People--NEVER take out your equity for an investment, especailly in a variable universal life product! They steal your wealth! You will have nothing left in the policy at the end! NOTHING!

The scams go on. Why those are even legal is beyond me. BUY TERM AND INVEST THE DIFFERENCE! HAS WORKED FOR 40 YEARS!

BUY TERM AND INVEST THE DIFFERENCE. NEVER BUNDLE YOUR SAVINGS WITH YOUR INSURANCE! You don't do that with your car insurance, or your homeowners insurance!

Don't do it--EVER!

Comments

"Buy TERM and Invest the DIFFERENCE"

Where?

Mutual Fund? 401K?

IRA?

All tied to the stock market, remember 2008? There are tons of people got wiped out lost almost 40-50% of their life saving, this one person who had over $2M in 401K in 2007 by the end of 2008 he had $1.2M left, yes he still has money, but can he be happy or retire happily and comfortably? Of course not.

You know why some company likes to sell terms? because most people don't die young or within the term.

Most people die when they are old, and by the time when they get old their term life policy probably lapsed.

You put money in IUL you get life protection for pretty much your entire life unless you live past 121 yr old.

It also gives you great return similar to S&P 500 return rate and also there is a floor, even if S&P tanks you will still get anywhere between 0-1% in return for that down year. DON'T listen to people pushing you to get TERM and INVEST IN OTHER STUFF, such as Primarica, they love to tell people to only buy term and invest everything else in their mutual fund of which is a Primarica product so they can make commission from that as well.

I signed my life away a couple years ago. I actually believed what my Agent Andrew Weller from Utah County, Utah told me. My mistake. After doing more research I realized it was a scam and not what I was promised. I've never dealt with someone who blatantly lied to my face about what he was selling. I'm not talking about stretching the truth! He is a liar and I hope he gets what's coming to him. I know dozens of people who he has screwed and I can't believe he can sleep at night. He didn't make his money investing it with WFG, he made it by screwing thousands of people out of thousands of $$$!!!

Stay away from the insurance investing and stay away from WFG. I wish someone had told me that a couple years ago.

The comments on here about things people like about WFG all have to do with getting payouts because of the life insurance. That isn't the point. If you want life insurance go get 10 year term. The investing is only a good idea if you are a complete *** and have no idea how to invest your money on your own. Save your money and your time, stay away!

9. Written by Thank you WFG, on 07-04-2010 00:40

answering to the comment above me: her story is simply a story re-told from a seminar speaker in Glendale, CA. apparently their top QMD (qualified marketing director). a QMD who happens to have ZERO search results on google, other than his facebook, with nothing on it but nine friends. his predecessor has 493. why so under the radar??

to everyone who's reading the comments defending WFG, and are unsure who to believe: all of the defenders are actually people in the company. i've done some extensive research on all of these reviews, and all of the positive reviews come from employees. they have a lot of practice in putting up a front.

#200172

I disagree with "buy term and invest the difference". It's a REPLACEMENT tactic - because it assumes that you HAVE the difference! Otherwise, if you don't have the difference (and lack of knowledge on how life insurance contracts work), then you simply buy term.

That said, I completely agree that taking a retiree's equity to put into a securitized product is CRIMINAL. A complaint can and should have been filed against such an agent.

I see no reason why this would've been a good idea for a 79 year old.

Now, if you're 45... and the equity is being used as "seed money" that you'll be able to get out later in life - and it's not a variable policy where you can lose your capital due to market fluctuations... that might work a little bit better.

Now, as for WFG, THIS is why I can't stand this company, or other companies like Primerica. It teaches ignorant new agents how to screw people just for the sake of collecting a commission.

It gives the REAL financial professionals a bad name and it's a disservice to other high-level companies.

Saint Francis, Wisconsin, United States #200016

other companies trying to sabatoge WFG jealous becuase its causing people success........

to Arron #883753

OMG if they were jaleous they would go with WFG. They really brainwashed you at WFG.

Use your brain and stop believe what they are telling you.

D you really believe than a lot of cie are jealous of WFG and try to put them down. If so there is a lot of very successful cie outside why nobody write some dab comments about them to put them down ?????

I went to 1 meeting to help a friend. As I have an extensive financial background, I have severe concerns about her going into this.

My belief is that the world has changed and yet financial advisers continue to offer the same advice; invest in the stock market, buy real estate, etc and your life will be wonderful. I don't know yet about the company yet, I just don't think the stock market is the way to go anymore. and it does seem like a pyramid scheme.

They say they "Care" but the only way to make money is to sell products. NO ONE cares about your money more than you.

I was a WFG Agent for 5 years. I actually represent another disability carrier full time.

WFG gave me many more options for my clients. Some of their agents were were good. Many were new. Pancreatic cancer normally will not show up on a standard insurance exam.

The carrier assumes the risk. I did a $ 30,000 payout on pancreatic cancer 2 years ago. The policy holder had the policy for 4 years. He also bought a cheap $ 1,000,000 term policy ( not thru me), It was issued 1 week before my client was rushed to the hospital for a heart attack and it turned out to be pancreatic cancer.

He lived 11 more months.

He collected on the life as well. So in the end, judge your agent from Any carrier.

I would never put world financial group on a resume. I'd be too embarrassed.

Just like amway. Just to name another.

to John #934005

This explains a lot why you are now preparing a resume to find yourself a "job"

If you truly understand what WFG can do for you and people you wouldn't need another resume in your life to work for anyone else.

what most people dont understand is that these are not financial consultants that requires another type of licensing. so to take advice from one of them without doin your own research you will dig your own grave.

they are trained tested and certified insurance agents and some are also licensed in securities every product being sold is legitimate because WFG does not have its own product to sell.

As far as the business model no scam ever tells you you cant make money until you become licensed which by the way is a state exam. its not for everybody those bashing it were probably agents who couldnt take it i know this because i am a client and very happy with my policy because i actually understood wat i was getting i gave the business a shot but was unsuccessful in it nothing to bash about people it is legit no one who has truly dealt with them can say otherwise

This company has always treated me well for over 15 years and I personally have over 600 clients. Please remember that most of the people who post negative comments are disgruntled about their lives and are attracting negativity.

If you know anything about AEGON and the only real places to find out about anyone is the government sites, NOT public opinion, then you are intelligent.

Also, why are you wasting your time looking at this? What have YOU done TODAY to improve YOUR life, YOUR family, and YOUR associates?

I was about to sign up with WFG,and I also invited some friends and a work colleague... but thanks for saving me from the embarrasment and losing my precious time.

I also noticed the person trying to curb the damage control about the company, but lets be honest, you're making excuses and you're not very good at it.

I'm surprised if you were able to sucker anyone in because I'm just reading your words and they read like a scam just waiting to happen. Thank You to those who posted the info about this scam...you have saved many people not only money and face, but especially our time.

to Almost ***kered In! #934006

Glad you didn't sign up with WFG because you'll never make it big with that kind of personality and mentality you will just be wasting the trainer's time and your own time.

If you truly understand how powerful WFG is and what kind of money people are making in that industry you wouldn't be on this site you would be helping families and making money.

I'm reading all these hateful things about WFG, and it makes me very upset. First, I would like to mention WFG saved my future and my children's future.

My husband died as a result of an accident a few years back. At the time of the accident he had a life insurance policy in place with WFG. After the accident I had to deal directly with the company, and it was a very pleasant experience.

I was given the full amount of the Life Insurance, and I thank GOD everyday that my late husband had the opportunity to meet, and write that policy with a WFG agent. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!!

I believe the above is a member of WFG trying to save face. The most glaring piece of evidence is the claim that a client's wife received an insurance policy payout after he died from cancer. Sorry, I highly doubt that. First of all, pancreatic cancer doesn't typically suddenly appear overnight. I find it highly unlikely that anyone developing such cancer would ever be able to pass a physical required to GET said insurance.

Furthermore, most policies have a clause that restricts payout for a serious illness that develops within 1 year of buying the insurance. Otherwise every Tom, ***, and Harry with cancer could buy insurance last minute and get a huge payout. The insurance companies would never turn a profit and go under. Insurance companies want to reap money from healthy people for many years, and want to avoid as much payout as possible even when those people get sick after years of investing into the plan.

Unless the husband/wife paid $320,000ish into their insurance plan over the course of 1 year, I HIGHLY doubt the wife received $321,000 after his death.

As for WFG, sure maybe some people make money. But how many do at at the expense of their loved ones and friends who go under to pay their salary? Why not go directly to a reputable financial advisor or wealth investment firm and reduce your risk? The fact is, you have to have money to make money. Anyone that says otherwise is taking you for a ride. And a company looking to "hire you" will pay YOU, not charge you fees. Scam.

Chely Las Vegas wrote: "I just signed in with WFG I have a lot of faith that I will Sucess"

Chely, your demonstrated use of the English language tells me that "Sucess" is not in your foreseeable future.

That 1% guaranteed increase is not true...take it from someone that actually has the contract... what they say in the proposal is completely different from what is stated in the contract..

Eurre, Rhone-Alpes, France #80072

Well, I have two things to say. First, my father in law got laid off after working for the same company for 30 years.

He met with a WFG agent who is very educated in this field. He transferred his pension and it has gone up over $30,000! Second, another WFG agent put a UL policy in place for a friend of mine. $300,000 value.

He died in less than a year after this was put in place from pancreatic cancer. His wife was given $321,000 from this. She now has a house that is paid off and her kids are well taken care of.

WFG saved this family and I can't praise them enough. I guess you will find bad apples with any company but I am thrilled with what I have seen from WFG.