map-marker Berkeley, California

Big Class-Action Lawsuit against Transamerica’s FFIUL? Can You Join?

World Financial Group - Big Class-Action Lawsuit against Transamerica’s FFIUL? Can You Join?
Transamerica’s Financial Foundation Indexed Universal Life (FFIUL) policy is WFG’s top life insurance product. It’s the fat-commission policy my upline always pushed me to sell. I worked for WFG and sold many of these FFIUL policies before I learned how little we knew about their dangers. Many of us agents bought them when we first signed up with WFG. We didn’t know then how few guarantees they gave us, the great risks we assumed, and how incredibly expensive these policies could become in our later lives. We passed our ignorance on to our customers and downline recruits. The good news is that, if you bought the FFIUL, you may be able to take part in a class-action suit against Transamerica and/or AEGON USA and other issuers of Universal Life insurance products. Please go here to learn how you can participate: Www dot lieffcabraser dot com/consumer/universal-life-insurance/ Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein (LCHB) is one of the leading plaintiffs’ firms in the country. It’s likely prepping a class-action suit against the carriers of Universal Life insurance products, which includes that FFIUL. You’ll see that LCHB put Transamerica and AEGON USA on its target list. Your participation matters! Good luck!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Many risks
  • Few guarantees
  • Expensive
Reason of review:
Bad quality
Harry Rollins
Financial Expert

According to the World Financial Group reviews on PissedConsumer.com, the company currently has 2.1 out of 5 stars. The rating presented here is based on the feedback offered by customers in 136 different World Financial Group reviews.

The PissedConsumer statistics also indicate that a majority of reviews are 1-star (87 out of 136 reviews) and 5-star (31 out of 1365 reviews). Customers are not satisfied with a pyramid scheme, dishonesty and lack of product training for new trainees. However, customers like good mentorship and knowledge of the product. You may find more information about the World Financial Group in the 'Top World Financial Group Question: Is WFG a Scam?' article.

You may send your comments regarding the World Financial Group staff and services to the company headquarters: World Financial Group 11315 Johns Creek Parkway, Johns Creek, Georgia 30097-1517 United States.

You may also share your experience with World Financial Group customers as well as the company top management by posting your comments via the company social networks.

All contact information is available on the World Financial Group Contacts tab on the Pissed Consumer website.

Guest

FFIUL are the best ever, shame on U

It’s a scam!

Adali Cyi

Please help my father died and I was take advantage of I want my money back

Guest

Oh boy, I have watched my son in law try and try and try to get going in WFG. He has gone to meetings galore, he has been to the big rah rah convention in Winnipeg.

He is not pulling any income 6 months later. Still courses (modules) and the hope that some how some way he will be set for life following and doing the hard work he has been doing. His family's bank account has been drained, he has borrowed money to try and keep going. So far it has been a family ruin for him and his wife and kids.

I hope he can get out but he is so heavily invested that I fear the worst. Being in pursuit of these lovely blue jackets is heart wrenching to watch. Damn it kid, I will buy you a freaking blue jacket. Sadly, he will be so broke that I will probably end up buying him that jacket.

Take Care every one. Just a post from what I have seen.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1627252

Unfortunately, this type of business isn't for everyone. I, personally make a 6 figure annual income from doing this.

This is a sales role, there is no question about that. It's not something that everyone can succeed in unfortunately.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1709475

That is because you have no ethics, these companies, especially Voya and Transamerica RIP people off in a huge way.

I want to join the class action law suit Please call me at 949-407-****

Guest

I want to join the class action lawsuit. I have my attorney interested in joining legal counsel.

Let's take them down!

They stole my live savings after 23 years of savings! Lock them up!

Guest

This is hilarious. Sorry but I disclose any and all fees related to any and all products to my clients.

It's called get better training and learn to do business instead of blaming a company for your mishaps.

Product knowledge is key and you can't sit here and say you were spewing information that wasn't positively conducive for your clients. Take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming others.

View more comments (100)
Anit P

Verified Buyer

World Financial Group - Cancel my application
I paid fees already but i want to cancel it and want refund back please.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Automated customer technical support

map-marker Bakersfield, California

Never received my 1099 from 2018.

My MD or *** never gave me my 1099 from 2018 because they were sent to Office address, and they didn't bother to sent them to my home address or tell me to pick them up. So now the IRS is wondering how come I didn't file in 2018. Well, these 2 selfish lying *** are dirty (Vangie Gallagoes, and Marylou I., and thought it would be funny to throw away any mail that came to me at the office. I need a WFG agent or whoever handles 1099 to call me ASAP (661-772-**** or email me a copy or mail me an original 1099. According to IRS they had been sending letters that I never received. I quit the business cause of them. I would never recommend anyone to join "Destiney Builders" cause if you ain't oriental you ain't shit.

User's recommendation: Never join destiney buillders unless you're oriental.

Nancey Sas
map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

Gotta Feel SORRY for WFG Agents

World Financial Group - Gotta Feel SORRY for WFG Agents
World Financial Group - Gotta Feel SORRY for WFG Agents - Image 2
WFG agents trick and cheat you. Then they recruit you and teach you how to trick and cheat other people. Seriously guys. Thats how it goes there. Why do I feel sorry for WFG agents? Most of these guys and gals dont know it, but they seriously need HELP. By the time they know they fell into a big hole its too late. Theyre too far into WFG and can’t get out. These guys need support. As much as they need people like us to blast them for the lies they tell and the bad things they do. WFG agents are victims too. Almost all of them anyway. I know. I was one of them. Please read this and learn from my story. I worked for WFG two years. Like the other guys who stuck around, I got sucked into the endless pump you up workshops. The Live Your Dreams talk. I spent big bucks to go to the giant circle j*rks in Vegas. I didnt know *** about our products. Nobody did. I knew just the “concepts” my upline wanted me to know. At first I asked questions. My uplines kept saying Don’t worry. You’ll learn as you go. So I went with the flow. I figured Hey some huge company owns WFG. We sell brand name products. What else do I need to know?! Like I said I bought all my uplines happy talk. Everyone told me Just Believe. I got the religion big time. I believed! Hey wouldnt you? People keep saying you’ll help people and make b*ttloads of money too. Its REAL easy to believe. Forget walking on hot coals for Tony Robbins. I’d kiss rattlesnakes and speak in tongues if my upline told me to. Its like what some guy said here--WFGs a slippery slope. Wicked slippery. My uplines kept saying dream big and stay coachable. At first I told clients the truth. I said Hey I’m new I havent made a dollar or recruited anyone yet. But I believe! Well that bombed. I was having a hard time getting 3/3/30. My upline kept telling me I’ll get there if I picture where I -will- be. Sure, makes sense, we need goals right? But I got a lot of pressure and hints to rev up my pitch. I got so good at focusing on my goals, I started flat out lying my *ss off. I told my recruits WFGs such a great opportunity I already have 40 people this month who want to sign up even though I had hooked maybe two fish and they were iffy. I started to tell them I made X thousands of dollars this month even though I didn’t make a godd*m penny. My uplines kept pumping me up. They said no problem what’s the harm youre not hurting anybody, right? Youre just trying to jump start your WFG career. You still need to work hard. But it’ll be worth it. It’ll be great. It sorta worked. I started to recruit some people and sell some policies. Btw, pretty much everything I sold, I sold to my new peeps. Tell you the truth, its way easier and better to recruit someone THEN sell them a policy. You’re way more likely to sign the recruit and make him keep the policy. You dont want WFG sucking hundreds of dollars out of your bank account cuz your client dumped his policy. Been there guys it sucks! These policies cost bookoo bucks so regular clients dump them all the time. But if you bring a client into the business, you have -power.- He’ll keep the policy cuz he doesnt want to p*ss you off, make you give up your commission. Your best bet: RECRUIT LIKE *** Reelem in, sell to that fish, and don’t letem get away. Keepem locked in the system and paying on their policies. I got 3/3/30, made it to MD. But even after two years busting my b*tt, it wasnt enough. I never got out of jump start mode. I got better at telling lies. I was telling lots and lots of lies. All. The. Time. I started to read more bad things about WFG and the products. I mean we all read lots of bad things about WFG. A lot of its trash talk. But I started to see reports that really do spell things out. There’s a few fantastic reviews here. New ones going back a few months. I learned a LOT. Like I didnt know what the *** I signed when I joined WFG. I sure *** didn’t know the real deal with the policies. Especially the FFIUL insurance policy we’re supposed to sell hard. Its amazing all the stuff I never knew about the WFG AMA I signed to join up and about Transamerica FFIUL. I went back and looked at my own FFIUL. Everything that review said was true. Hiding in front of me. If I knew this a few years back, I wouldnt be here telling you my sad story. I wouldnt have wasted a thin dime or a New York minute on WFG. WFG agents are like losing Vegas gamblers. They want to stick it out and made it work, get their money back. But WFGs worse. The casinos tell you the odds favor the house. But everyone tells you WFGs a proven system. Stick with it, work hard, stay coachable, you’ll make it big. Found out thats a joke. The only people WFGs great for are those guys that got in a long time ago. And WFG Corp. And the companies who make the bogus overpriced policies. We need a 12-step program for WFGers. Maybe for everybody who does multilevel marketing. I never did other MLMs. But what I hear about Herbalife, Nu Skin, Amway, whatever its all the same MO. Keep people st*pid and believing. Keep pumping them up. Wrap them up tight into your group. Make them buy your junk. Most of all make them recruit like ***. Its all about locking them in. We have AA and Gamblers Anonymous. We need MLMers Anonymous. I’m sure glad now, but I had a real hard time getting out of WFG. A support group woulda really helped me. I’m not the only one. I know theres lots of WFG agents who go through the *** I did. Who want to get out but dont know how.
Cons:
  • Cult-like
  • Misleading sales tactics
  • Untrained agents
Reason of review:
Bad quality
Ronia Ijo

It’s sad that you were left to feel this way. You have to follow your own path.

Not every office is the same. Not every person is the same. But it seems like you initially joined for a reason. Would you let on person stand in the way of your goals and dreams?

If Plan A does not work, try Plan B. No matter what the product is, it has a purpose and a need. My trainer can testify to this. He just got diagnosed with cancer.

He is getting 90% of his TransAmerica policy cash in hand due to living benefits. Another gentleman I know had a stroke. He got cash in hand last New Years. Maybe you needed more time.

Maybe you needed to get the people around you to pump their breaks and not be as aggressive to allow you to do things in your own timing. People are a part of the company. People fail. But the company doesn’t equal the people.

You can’t control people. As a formal medical examiner for the insurance company, I have gone to homes and seen the devastation of people whose spouse has died and now they are left with one income. I have seen elderly people who can’t afford care for lack of Long Term Care. This is a very real mission and a very real company.

Maybe your why was not really about helping families so you don’t get it. But to see people on the company be able to leave a back breaking job and become financially free is nothing to be angry about.

Direct marketing is here to stay. From Tupperware, Pampered Chef, to Lingerie parties to Herbalife and WFG, direct sales are the way for people to get paid based solely on their efforts.

Elicia Llb

You don't have to lie. You lied may be that is why you failed in this business.

If you could not make in WFG you can not make it in any financial industry.

I am sorry you have to learn to work hard and to workl from heart. :(

Guest

Another quitter another negative post, successful people don't have time to complain about the should have, would have could have it's a scam, "Trust Me" I gave it my all for 2 years cry baby story. You have probably never succeeded at anything in your life other than blaming others for you lack of success! I would vote for you as president of the cry baby club for sure!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1452840

Anddd...here’s another no-name pro-WFG poster with a totally fake made-up name, an amoral paid troll of a pyramid-topping agent like Nguyen or Mylett. Pretending that "it’s the recruit's fault" that he fails in this destructive MLM that sells terrible wealth-destroying products and that’s totally rigged against the recruits.Dear "Robert Smith" or whoever in blazes you really are.

Please don’t blame someone for “quitting” a burning building. Thank you.

reply icon Replying to comment of Vishnu Hhf

Lol

Vishnu Hhf

Please count me as a very happy and grateful WFG quitter :-)

WFG is cocaine. This MLM cranks you up on lots of adrenaline- and dopamine-fueled rah-rah "workshops." But if you keep injecting WFG into your life, it takes a terrible toll on your time, your finances, and especially your friendships and family relations.

North Americans need a "WFG Anonymous" recovery group. For addicted WFGers who post anonymously on the internet with only emotions and no facts. :-/

Please just say NO to WFG. *By WFG's own numbers* you're much more likely to earn big money at your J.O.B.

Please search on the P*ssed Consumer review: "WFG is a Great Way to Go BROKE and LOSE FAMILY and FRIENDS" for those damning numbers.

Please put hard cold FACTS above your emotions.

Thanks for reading. To everyone, I wish you a happy and prosperous New Year!

reply icon Replying to comment of Vishnu Hhf

Hi I really want to know how you quit because I am trying to terminate my membership and have called their customer service line but there is no option to speak to a representative. I have also emailed them 3 times and have heard nothing.

Did you have a number to call and quit or did you just stop doing anything with them i.e ignoring emails etc etc. I really need help with this.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1442460

Hi Anon. You’re right, it’s very hard to get a live person at WFG Corp.

Your best bet is to write a termination letter and send it to WFG by certified mail. In your AMA, go to the “Glossary and Explanation of Terms” section, Subsection T, “Termination” This gives you all the ways you can formally end your contract with WFG.

You’ll find that on the AMA PDF page 16. Good luck!

So .... you quit.

Really?

Like anything, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but if you quit.. it's like not voting and complaining about the president...

I'm just saying.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1411155

That is a really poor simile. Try again.

View more comments (49)
Curtisha Prl

| map-marker Courtenay, British Columbia

Cancel my application

Not interested like to get my refund which i paid for joining which is 136.50. My name is Gagandeep singh and my birth date is 06aug 1995. Please remove me from your system and like to get my refund.
Guest

Please provide your social security number and the credit card number you used when you applied. Somebody will remove you immediately.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2003608

You weren't seriously suggesting they post their SSN and CC number on a public forum? You sound like a scammer! I hope they did not listen to you and contact the company directly.

View more comments (1)
Charles Mnt
map-marker Sherman, Texas

E&O payment

I can't access my wfg account. I'm calling to make e&;;;;;;;;;;0 payments and can't get anyone attend to me. I'm pissed off
map-marker Berkeley, California

Aegon/Transamerica DOESN'T own WFG after all?!

WFGers just love to run on about how "...WFG is owned by Aegon/Transamerica, big Fortune 500 companies...” Like such a big company necessarily anoints WFG and lends it robust legitimacy. How soon we forget Lehman Bros, Arthur Andersen, Bear Stearns... But guess what guys? That’s most likely wrong! Aegon apparently DOESN'T own WFG after all! I pored through Aegon's and Transamerica's financial disclosures. They don't say "boo" about WFG. If any of you find that, would you please post links here for us? Thanks. Then I spoke with a Transamerica rep at 800-Pyramid, Bobbie (sp?) in Florida. She insisted that WFG is “affiliated” with Aegon's Transamerica. But the latter firm doesn’t own it, that WFG is an independent broker-dealer. I asked her this three times, and she insisted this was the case. She claimed to work for (Aegon's) Transamerica for 10 years. Then I called WFG’s main office in St John’s GA. The min-wage droids there totally stonewalled me. The diction-challenged agents kept telling me “we cain’t speak ‘bout corp’rate mattahs” and kept shoving me off to “Human Resources” who of course never picked up. Which then rolled to the main operator. Who of course never picked up. On WFG’s voice menu, the company lists “Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc” as though this was a co-company. However, this appears NOT to be an Aegon Transamerica but some other Transamerica company. When I spoke to a TFA Inc in St Pete, he told me that a John Hancock broker, Signator One, just bought Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc! See the release here: http://wealthmanagement.com/ibds/signator-doubles-advisor-force-purchase-transamerica-unit Let’s skip the WFG Wikis and other flaky places and go right to the source. What does WFG’s site say? When you go here: http://www.worldfinancialgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/aegon-trans-wfg-15.jpg It says WFG “is a part of the Aegon Group” and that WFG “is a Transamerica Company” Plus you get a Venn-like diagram showing WFG and Transamerica clustered around Aegon. Hmm. “WFG is a part of the Aegon Group” sure like Aegon owns WFG, right? But nowhere does it actually say “Aegon owns WFG!” And then we read this on WFG’s site: http://www.worldfinancialgroup.com/us-factsheet-2/ makes it clearer: “...Through OUR ALLIANCE with Transamerica, WFG is able to offer…” In other words, Transamerica is merely *allied* with WFG. Transamerica doesn’t necessarily *own* WFG. Oh the deception!! What does this mean for WFGers? It means Aegon can cut ties with your org at any time. No more "Fortune 500 backing." If the SEC/FTC and the law firms turn up the heat on WFG and close it down, no prob for Aegon/Transamerica. They'll be just fine. They shoulder no liability for WFG. Then what happens to the teams you worked so hard to build?
Guest

This may be a bit dated for the link but you can refer to the Aegon Annual Report 2018. https://www.aegon.com/contentassets/79a288251c84494****a1b189dc02d82/aegon-integrated-annual-report-2018.pdf page 8 "We also operate under several other brands, including: Knab, TKP, Robidus and Nedasco (Netherlands); World Financial Group (US, Canada); Origen Financial Services (UK); Futuready (Indonesia); Transamerica Ventures and Blue Square Re (global).

Quite a few red herrings in the OP.

Point is well taken, size of parent company does not necessarily imply that ownership of subsidiary will remain (take for instance Ivari Insurance formerly Transamerica Canada now owned by Wilton Re which is owned by the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board. ) That is the nature of corporate ownership.

Guest

For all you negative Nellies saying that Aegon doesn't own WFG- I just went to their website https://www.aegon.com/about/brands-markets/americas/ if you click on Canada it says they operate the distribution Chanel -WFG but sold the Canadian arm of Transamerica in 2015 the insurance arm As WFG is a distribution platform they are our backers providing all or back office support!

Guest

Look on Aegon's own website to see that it operates as Transamerica/WFG in the US:https://www.aegon.com/en/Home/About/Contact/Aegon-Global-Operations/

Guest

WFG agents sell products that take advantage of its clients... most of the wfg agents don't even understand what they are selling since there focus is on selling only and NOT educating on how products really work!Most of them only care about the commissions they will make by selling an over priced Life Insurane policy!

Guest

This guy clearly failed at life. I'm with WFG and got to personally have drinks at the top of the Transamerica pyramid with the they're regional VP so if that does not give me proof I'm in the right business I don't know what does.

What firm is this guy with?

Probably non. When you spend so much time trying to discredit a major firm make sure you have a better solution.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1428835

You make NO sense.

You think "...to personally have drinks at the top of the Transamerica pyramid with the they're regional VP..." gives you "...proof..." you're in the "...the right business..."?

You fail to address the issue: Does Aegon/Transamerica actually own WFG?

Anon. just because a WFG agent meets someone in the Transamerica building doesn't mean Transamerica owns WFG. Could be the two companies have just a contractual agreement.

There's lots of Trump Towers that Trump never built and doesn't even own. The owners merely paid Trump to be able to slap his name on their buildings.

Who are you anyway? If you're such a big deal, why do you hide behind "Anonymous?"

Read page 32 of the report and relax

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1321761

Not so fast Anon! Doesn't this actually say Aegon *sold* WFG in 2015??

The only place on page 32 of your link that mentions "World Financial Group" is this:

"...In Canada, Aegon operates an insurance agency under the brand World Financial Group Insurance Agency of Canada Inc., in addition to an affiliated securities dealer. On July 31, 2015, Aegon completed the sale of its Canadian life insurance and asset management business..."

It doesn't even say anything about Aegon USA!

HAHAAH!

Some "proof" eh Anon? NOT!!!

Guest

I personally called Transamerica on 3/8/2017 and point plank asked them if they own WFG and I was told NO However, they are an apparent that they do underwrite some of the their policies.

So let quite making such slanderous comments about Aegon/Transamerica.

Also, there are agenst selling this with the promise that when you get your first 3 recruits you get a $1500.00 bonus to pay toward your $1500.00 per mouth premiums When asked where does the bonus come from we are told the agent pays the bonus.

Guess what? that is illegal.

They make statements such as your commissions will pay your $1500.00 per month premium. Guess what?

That illegal as well.

This is where I have trouble with how they are getting away with unless the Department of Insurance is not aware of this.

So it all boils down to the scam is coming directly from the agents. period

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1300707

They are self serving business owners who give you all the koolaid you want to get you hooked with a nice FFIUL with absolutely no guarantees and an average income of 2272$/YEAR in commission.(OFFICIAL WFG NUMBERS FOR 2015).Everybody who works for wfg-wsb make 6 figures..of course there's no proof of it and it's part of the brainwashing scheme..Ask for a tax return from a WFG agent or recruit..you will not get it...but they will gloat about how rich and successful they are..They should be pittied but they are victimizing family and friends with bad insurance and financial products because they can't even understand the policies..SAD..just sad!!

View more comments (50)
Cristy Dar

Verified Reviewer

Unable to speak to live customer service personnel

My up-line does not help me to retrieve some information, so I tried to connect with WFG customer support directly. I tried all extensions, but they are all recordings and unable to speak to a live CS with every single extension. They are supportive ONLY when they make you become a member and collect money. This business is a scam.
Cons:
  • Everything about their business model
  • Ended up spending 1000 of dollars to maintain the membership
  • Fake sense of value

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Never recommend

Anit P

No feedback from company

No feedback worst service ever i seen I explained so many times about application and i want to get my refund back .
Loss:
Cons:
  • Worst customer service

User's recommendation: No worst service

map-marker Lithonia, Georgia

Compensation

Yes I need commission assistance. 678.525.0242. Please have someone to call me regarding the duplicate payment of a recent policy the end of December. thank you.
map-marker Prairieville, Louisiana

I am calling to cancel my agent registration

I had called the home office three to four times but there is no way that I can reach out to the operator who can take my phone call. So my problem was not be solved. I am calling this number 770453****. Can someone please call me after she/he had received my message.

User's recommendation: Can anyone who taking charge of the position return my phone call please.

Max I

Need to obtain a course extension on launch

Good evening I have been attempting to find out how I can get a launch extension so that I can complete the work on the HLLQP program. I am in Canada west. My email is vaultserve@***.com Just trying to get the answers I need so t hat I have a way forward. Kindest regards,

Preferred solution: information

User's recommendation: all the facts

Harleenkaur G

Refund

I spent almost 400$ since i joined WFG all wasted. I want refund for that.
Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros
Cons:
  • Waste of time money and energy

User's recommendation: Not recommended

map-marker Surrey, British Columbia

Cancel my application

Hii there I still did not get any back call on my no 250687**** if someone can call me to resolve my problem.

User's recommendation: Never rely

Elizabeth A Mbz
map-marker Henryetta, Oklahoma

False Advertising

This company is not what was advertised to me. I was pushed into spending $100 to build a business for myself and learn finances but later found out not with them but by myself that it’s an MLM , I want my money back. This company is an MLM and was