Folsom, California

Update by user Apr 18, 2016

Transamerica

Transamerica's history dates back to 1904, when Amadeo Giannini founded the Bank of Italy in San Francisco, California.

The bank served the working class residents of the city, including many Italians living in the North Beach neighborhood.The bank survived the San Francisco earthquake and fire of 1906 and was one of the first to offer loans to businesses to help rebuild the city.

After years of expansion, the Bank of Italy merged with the Bank of America in the 1920s.

The bank assumed the name of Bank of America. In 1930, Gianni acquired a major insurance company, Occidental Life Insurance, through a holding company he named Transamerica. Occidental had been founded soon after Gianni’s Bank of Italy – in 1906, also on the West Coast. Construction of the Transamerica The Transamerica pyramid in San Francisco was completed in 1972, and is still owned by Aegon today.

The Transamerica Pyramid After decades of expansion, Transamerica commissioned architect William Pereira to design a new headquarters in San Francisco. The Transamerica Pyramid was completed in 1972, and remains San Francisco's tallest building. Transamerica's headquarters are no longer in San Francisco, however the Pyramid is still owned by Aegon and remains an integral part of Transamerica's logo. Aegon acquired Transamerica in 1999.

It was the largest purchase ever made by a Dutch company overseas and the second largest in the US insurance industry.Transamerica operates under its own brand name in North America, and remains one of the most-familiar names in the American insurance industry.

Original review posted by user Apr 18, 2016

World Financial Group is owned by Transamerica and Transamerica is owned by AEGON.

PROOF

4.4
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Other / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with World Financial Group?

Comments

William3

Mr/Ms “World Financial Group,” where’s your proof that Aegon owns your recruiting-driven MLM?Exactly what’re trying to show us here?

I see a tiny little screenshot here with the words “In July 1999 Aegon acquired…” Acquired whom? And seriously you're talking about 1999?! That’s so last millennium! The world has changed since then.

How about you tell us what's going on 17 years later in 2016?

Mr/Ms “What F*cking Garbage,” just because you write the word “PROOF” doesn’t mean that *IS* proof!LOL!!

Joseph
to William3 Rancho Cordova, California, United States #1147158

It didn't post for some reason.

Here is a link William.

Im sorry about that and yes I feel like a buffoon for this.

"In July 1999, Aegon acquired Transamerica, one of the best-known insurers in the United States, and a company with a rich history of its own."

William3
to Joseph Berkeley, California, United States #1148111

Joseph, please see my long response to LastChance about this in the review “World Financial Group - Aegon/Transamerica DOESN'T own WFG after all?!” That directly addresses what you say here.

Also Joseph, speaking “awaiting moderation” what about those official links that make clear you *do* own your own downline?And that **if you left WFG you can take your downline with you?** I’ve been awaiting your answer four days now.

Meanwhile, here I answered you in a day.

Maybe you should hold to yourself the same standard you hold to me?Thanks.

Joe

My update is awaiting moderation and same with my previous comment: