2.8K views
1.2
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

WFG agents trick and cheat you. Then they recruit you and teach you how to trick and cheat other people. Seriously guys. Thats how it goes there.

Why do I feel sorry for WFG agents? Most of these guys and gals dont know it, but they seriously need HELP. By the time they know they fell into a big hole its too late. Theyre too far into WFG and can’t get out.

These guys need support. As much as they need people like us to blast them for the lies they tell and the bad things they do.

WFG agents are victims too. Almost all of them anyway. I know. I was one of them.

Please read this and learn from my story.

I worked for WFG two years. Like the other guys who stuck around, I got sucked into the endless pump you up workshops. The Live Your Dreams talk. I spent big bucks to go to the giant circle j*rks in Vegas.

I didnt know sh*t about our products. Nobody did. I knew just the “concepts” my upline wanted me to know. At first I asked questions. My uplines kept saying Don’t worry. You’ll learn as you go. So I went with the flow. I figured Hey some huge company owns WFG. We sell brand name products. What else do I need to know?! Like I said I bought all my uplines happy talk. Everyone told me Just Believe.

I got the religion big time. I believed! Hey wouldnt you? People keep saying you’ll help people and make b*ttloads of money too. Its REAL easy to believe. Forget walking on hot coals for Tony Robbins. I’d kiss rattlesnakes and speak in tongues if my upline told me to.

Its like what some guy said here--WFGs a slippery slope. Wicked slippery. My uplines kept saying dream big and stay coachable. At first I told clients the truth. I said Hey I’m new I havent made a dollar or recruited anyone yet. But I believe! Well that bombed. I was having a hard time getting 3/3/30. My upline kept telling me I’ll get there if I picture where I -will- be. Sure, makes sense, we need goals right? But I got a lot of pressure and hints to rev up my pitch. I got so good at focusing on my goals, I started flat out lying my *ss off. I told my recruits WFGs such a great opportunity I already have 40 people this month who want to sign up even though I had hooked maybe two fish and they were iffy. I started to tell them I made X thousands of dollars this month even though I didn’t make a godd*m penny. My uplines kept pumping me up. They said no problem what’s the harm youre not hurting anybody, right? Youre just trying to jump start your WFG career. You still need to work hard. But it’ll be worth it. It’ll be great.

It sorta worked. I started to recruit some people and sell some policies. Btw, pretty much everything I sold, I sold to my new peeps. Tell you the truth, its way easier and better to recruit someone THEN sell them a policy. You’re way more likely to sign the recruit and make him keep the policy. You dont want WFG sucking hundreds of dollars out of your bank account cuz your client dumped his policy. Been there guys it sucks! These policies cost bookoo bucks so regular clients dump them all the time. But if you bring a client into the business, you have -power.- He’ll keep the policy cuz he doesnt want to p*ss you off, make you give up your commission. Your best bet: RECRUIT LIKE H*LL. Reelem in, sell to that fish, and don’t letem get away. Keepem locked in the system and paying on their policies.

I got 3/3/30, made it to MD. But even after two years busting my b*tt, it wasnt enough. I never got out of jump start mode. I got better at telling lies. I was telling lots and lots of lies. All. The. Time.

I started to read more bad things about WFG and the products. I mean we all read lots of bad things about WFG. A lot of its trash talk. But I started to see reports that really do spell things out. There’s a few fantastic reviews here. New ones going back a few months. I learned a LOT. Like I didnt know what the *** I signed when I joined WFG. I sure as h*ll didn’t know the real deal with the policies. Especially the FFIUL insurance policy we’re supposed to sell hard. Its amazing all the stuff I never knew about the WFG AMA I signed to join up and about Transamerica FFIUL. I went back and looked at my own FFIUL. Everything that review said was true. Hiding in front of me. If I knew this a few years back, I wouldnt be here telling you my sad story. I wouldnt have wasted a thin dime or a New York minute on WFG.

WFG agents are like losing Vegas gamblers. They want to stick it out and made it work, get their money back. But WFGs worse. The casinos tell you the odds favor the house. But everyone tells you WFGs a proven system. Stick with it, work hard, stay coachable, you’ll make it big. Found out thats a joke. The only people WFGs great for are those guys that got in a long time ago. And WFG Corp. And the companies who make the bogus overpriced policies.

We need a 12-step program for WFGers. Maybe for everybody who does multilevel marketing. I never did other MLMs. But what I hear about Herbalife, Nu Skin, Amway, whatever its all the same MO. Keep people st*pid and believing. Keep pumping them up. Wrap them up tight into your group. Make them buy your junk. Most of all make them recruit like ***. Its all about locking them in.

We have AA and Gamblers Anonymous. We need MLMers Anonymous. I’m sure glad now, but I had a real hard time getting out of WFG. A support group woulda really helped me. I’m not the only one. I know theres lots of WFG agents who go through the bullsh*t I did. Who want to get out but dont know how.

HughHumph wrote the review because of bad quality at World Financial Group and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants World Financial Group to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was cult-like, untrained agents and misleading sales tactics. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by World Financial Group world financial group work experience for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Another quitter another negative post, successful people don't have time to complain about the should have, would have could have it's a scam, "Trust Me" I gave it my all for 2 years cry baby story. You have probably never succeeded at anything in your life other than blaming others for you lack of success! I would vote for you as president of the cry baby club for sure!!

to Robert Smith #1452927

Anddd...here’s another no-name pro-WFG poster with a totally fake made-up name, an amoral paid troll of a pyramid-topping agent like Nguyen or Mylett. Pretending that "it’s the recruit's fault" that he fails in this destructive MLM that sells terrible wealth-destroying products and that’s totally rigged against the recruits.Dear "Robert Smith" or whoever in blazes you really are.

Please don’t blame someone for “quitting” a burning building. Thank you.

Ex-WFGer

Please count me as a very happy and grateful WFG quitter :-)

WFG is cocaine. This MLM cranks you up on lots of adrenaline- and dopamine-fueled rah-rah "workshops." But if you keep injecting WFG into your life, it takes a terrible toll on your time, your finances, and especially your friendships and family relations.

North Americans need a "WFG Anonymous" recovery group. For addicted WFGers who post anonymously on the internet with only emotions and no facts. :-/

Please just say NO to WFG. *By WFG's own numbers* you're much more likely to earn big money at your J.O.B.

Please search on the P*ssed Consumer review: "WFG is a Great Way to Go BROKE and LOSE FAMILY and FRIENDS" for those damning numbers.

Please put hard cold FACTS above your emotions.

Thanks for reading. To everyone, I wish you a happy and prosperous New Year!

to Ex-WFGer #1442460

Hi I really want to know how you quit because I am trying to terminate my membership and have called their customer service line but there is no option to speak to a representative. I have also emailed them 3 times and have heard nothing.

Did you have a number to call and quit or did you just stop doing anything with them i.e ignoring emails etc etc. I really need help with this.

to Anonymous #1442718

Hi Anon. You’re right, it’s very hard to get a live person at WFG Corp.

Your best bet is to write a termination letter and send it to WFG by certified mail. In your AMA, go to the “Glossary and Explanation of Terms” section, Subsection T, “Termination” This gives you all the ways you can formally end your contract with WFG.

You’ll find that on the AMA PDF page 16. Good luck!

So .... you quit.

Really?

Like anything, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but if you quit.. it's like not voting and complaining about the president...

I'm just saying.

to Anonymous #1411311

That is a really poor simile. Try again.

to Anonymous #1411314

No, you please try. Try to give us facts.

Not just your empty words. Thanks.

to Anonymous #1411325

I point the reader to actual facts that *prove* why people should avoid WFG.

You give us airy words with no content.

I'm sure the smart reader will know whom to trust :-)

to Anonymous #1411839

If you think WFG is like not voting your critical thinking skills are perfect for WFG...I'll tell you what the FFIUL is like the casino..the chances you are going to cash in on the jackpot if you turn 80 are about the same..less than 1%.

Voting is important and if people had looked at T. background we would have found a guy that says he's a billionaire but has been bankrupt 6 times,can't have a loan in the USA..so that means he hasn't the collateral to put 1 property to have that loan..why.. in essence he's running on credit with nothing owned and a credit line that is maxed out..mostly like 99% of WFG agents.

to Anonymous #1411864

Anon's #1411155 voting example was a total logic FAIL. I signed up with WFG, discovered it's a major harmful fraud, left it, and started to advise people against it.

What in blazes does all that have to do with "not voting?" Maybe that Anon will try to explain his/her logic to us? Ehh. Probably he/she won't.

Btw, in just about every workshop, WFG uplines used to trot out consummate snake-oil salesman DeeJayTee.

Makes perfect sense, no? They hold up the world's top conman as a prime example for folks they train to endlessly con their family, friends, and stray victims they bump into at the food courts, coffee shops, and unemployment lines.

Ex-WFGer

Dear Anonymous #1408272. You spew the same usual lies and the same misleading comments as your comrades.

I give you the facts here to prove it. You and the other agents riff from the same WFG recruiting and sales Playbook. I should know.

Dear Readers.

Please search for the P*ssed Consumer review: "10 Lies and Misreps That WFGers Tell You--And Themselves." That explains why Anon's claims are garbage.

WFG Lie/misrep #7 debunks Anon's yada about "...wrong team..." Reality: WFG’s policies set the stage for widespread deceptive and unethical behavior that spreads over all of WFG.

For Anon's "...All WFG associates operate independently ..." horse pucky, please read WFG Lie/misrep #6. In reality you're nothing but an employee, except YOU pay all your expenses.

WFG's Associate Membership Agreement (AMA) makes very clear that uplines--just like bosses at the J.O.B.--decide your career.

About Anon's trash on "licensed" and "regulated." Ponzi Kings Bernie Madoff and Enron were all fully licensed and "regulated." Same with Enron's corrupted accounting firm Arthur Andersen. All are now in jail and/or shut down. Please see Lie/misrep #4 for the awful details.

Finally, anybody who claims WFG is a "...multi billion dollar company..." is a total liar. Please see the Pissed Consumer review "...WFG is a Great Way to Go BROKE and LOSE FAMILY and FRIENDS..." In 2015, WFG claimed to pay well under the B mark in commissions. Fact is, no WFG agent knows for sure what the WFG biz unit is worth. Aegon/Transamerica doesn't disclose that info.

Anon, thanks for the chance to totally debunk, with actual facts, your tired weak lies and misleading statements.

And thanks for reading this. May your future efforts be good and just ones, ones that actually help people and not rob them blind.

Bwaahahaha! Ex-WFGer, looks like you were recruited and joined the wrong team or you joined thinking it’s a get rich quick and never worked and followed the system.

All WFG associates operate independently and not all associates or leaders are created equal. Hence, you failed with a lot of hate. You should avoid joining that “specific team” like plaque. WFG is a heavily regulated by State and Federal law and is a licensed industry.

It is a multi billion dollar company.

Scam?, bwaahahaha! Grow up kid!

to Anonymous #1408347

Dear Anon #1408272. Please see my above response to your comment. Thank you.

Here is the thing even if WFG is not legit, your license is, so why not take it to another agency you are more comfortable dealing with?

to Denal112 #1385727

Because of the non-competes you locked yourself in to when you signed the WFG AMA, some lasting up to two years. You can read those on pdf page 13 of the AMA PDF under the section misleadingly titled "GLOSSARY AND EXPLANATION OF TERMS." E.g.:

"2.

Customer Non-Replacement.

Absent the issue of the then current suitability of the product for the Customer, the Associate covenants that he/she will not, at any time during the term of this Agreement, and for a period of two (2) years thereafter, directly or indirectly, individually or in concert with another, induce or attempt to induce any Customer to terminate, reduce coverage under or replace any of the Products and Services which have been sold by the Associate or his/her Downline Associates..."

WFG agent folks, please carefully read your AMA contracts. Thanks for asking and for reading.

New York, New York, United States #1241719

My friend stay broke. You obviously like working from someone else. Stay in the A group, at least you will not be lonely.

William3
to Anonymous Berkeley, California, United States #1241817

Hey NY Anon. Terrific job utterly FAILING to address any of the many excellent points the reviewer made.

Instead you slap up the usual snide and meaningless WFG Playbook drivel.

We expect no less--and no more--from WFG agent rep-licants. Looks to me like he left WFG because he got sick of being one of the 99.2% staying broke to fill the pockets of Xuan Nguyen, Ed Mylett, Penney Ooi and the few hundred others who sit atop the pyramid.

to William3 #1377410

Beings ,that cheat ,lie,take people's trust ,and think it's ok are piles of lazy *** ***,,, they need to get their lazy lying *** out and work honestly for a right way to live , there is a saying every job is a self portrait of the person who does it autograph your work with excellence. Not Karma because karma is a b**** you take people and Karma will take you be honest and live true

Oxnard, California, United States #1203905

Seems like your business failed because you were a liar. People can smell a liar...

one day you might make it but only if you can manage to not lie.

oh and get facts over opinions.