World Financial Group - Gotta Feel SORRY for WFG Agents

20 of 251 World Financial Group reviews

WFG agents trick and cheat you. Then they recruit you and teach you how to trick and cheat other people. Seriously guys. Thats how it goes there.

Why do I feel sorry for WFG agents? Most of these guys and gals dont know it, but they seriously need HELP. By the time they know they fell into a big hole its too late. Theyre too far into WFG and can’t get out.

These guys need support. As much as they need people like us to blast them for the lies they tell and the bad things they do.

WFG agents are victims too. Almost all of them anyway. I know. I was one of them.

Please read this and learn from my story.

I worked for WFG two years. Like the other guys who stuck around, I got sucked into the endless pump you up workshops. The Live Your Dreams talk. I spent big bucks to go to the giant circle j*rks in Vegas.

I didnt know sh*t about our products. Nobody did. I knew just the “concepts” my upline wanted me to know. At first I asked questions. My uplines kept saying Don’t worry. You’ll learn as you go. So I went with the flow. I figured Hey some huge company owns WFG. We sell brand name products. What else do I need to know?! Like I said I bought all my uplines happy talk. Everyone told me Just Believe.

I got the religion big time. I believed! Hey wouldnt you? People keep saying you’ll help people and make b*ttloads of money too. Its REAL easy to believe. Forget walking on hot coals for Tony Robbins. I’d kiss rattlesnakes and speak in tongues if my upline told me to.

Its like what some guy said here--WFGs a slippery slope. Wicked slippery. My uplines kept saying dream big and stay coachable. At first I told clients the truth. I said Hey I’m new I havent made a dollar or recruited anyone yet. But I believe! Well that bombed. I was having a hard time getting 3/3/30. My upline kept telling me I’ll get there if I picture where I -will- be. Sure, makes sense, we need goals right? But I got a lot of pressure and hints to rev up my pitch. I got so good at focusing on my goals, I started flat out lying my *ss off. I told my recruits WFGs such a great opportunity I already have 40 people this month who want to sign up even though I had hooked maybe two fish and they were iffy. I started to tell them I made X thousands of dollars this month even though I didn’t make a godd*m penny. My uplines kept pumping me up. They said no problem what’s the harm youre not hurting anybody, right? Youre just trying to jump start your WFG career. You still need to work hard. But it’ll be worth it. It’ll be great.

It sorta worked. I started to recruit some people and sell some policies. Btw, pretty much everything I sold, I sold to my new peeps. Tell you the truth, its way easier and better to recruit someone THEN sell them a policy. You’re way more likely to sign the recruit and make him keep the policy. You dont want WFG sucking hundreds of dollars out of your bank account cuz your client dumped his policy. Been there guys it sucks! These policies cost bookoo bucks so regular clients dump them all the time. But if you bring a client into the business, you have -power.- He’ll keep the policy cuz he doesnt want to p*ss you off, make you give up your commission. Your best bet: RECRUIT LIKE H*LL. Reelem in, sell to that fish, and don’t letem get away. Keepem locked in the system and paying on their policies.

I got 3/3/30, made it to MD. But even after two years busting my b*tt, it wasnt enough. I never got out of jump start mode. I got better at telling lies. I was telling lots and lots of lies. All. The. Time.

I started to read more bad things about WFG and the products. I mean we all read lots of bad things about WFG. A lot of its trash talk. But I started to see reports that really do spell things out. There’s a few fantastic reviews here. New ones going back a few months. I learned a LOT. Like I didnt know what the *** I signed when I joined WFG. I sure as h*ll didn’t know the real deal with the policies. Especially the FFIUL insurance policy we’re supposed to sell hard. Its amazing all the stuff I never knew about the WFG AMA I signed to join up and about Transamerica FFIUL. I went back and looked at my own FFIUL. Everything that review said was true. Hiding in front of me. If I knew this a few years back, I wouldnt be here telling you my sad story. I wouldnt have wasted a thin dime or a New York minute on WFG.

WFG agents are like losing Vegas gamblers. They want to stick it out and made it work, get their money back. But WFGs worse. The casinos tell you the odds favor the house. But everyone tells you WFGs a proven system. Stick with it, work hard, stay coachable, you’ll make it big. Found out thats a joke. The only people WFGs great for are those guys that got in a long time ago. And WFG Corp. And the companies who make the bogus overpriced policies.

We need a 12-step program for WFGers. Maybe for everybody who does multilevel marketing. I never did other MLMs. But what I hear about Herbalife, Nu Skin, Amway, whatever its all the same MO. Keep people st*pid and believing. Keep pumping them up. Wrap them up tight into your group. Make them buy your junk. Most of all make them recruit like ***. Its all about locking them in.

We have AA and Gamblers Anonymous. We need MLMers Anonymous. I’m sure glad now, but I had a real hard time getting out of WFG. A support group woulda really helped me. I’m not the only one. I know theres lots of WFG agents who go through the bullsh*t I did. Who want to get out but dont know how.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
20 of 251 World Financial Group reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 16 #1241719 New York, New York, United States

My friend stay broke. You obviously like working from someone else. Stay in the A group, at least you will not be lonely.

0 5 Reply

Nov 16 #1241817 Berkeley, California, United States

Hey NY Anon. Terrific job utterly FAILING to address any of the many excellent points the reviewer made. Instead you slap up the usual snide and meaningless WFG Playbook drivel. We expect no less--and no more--from WFG agent rep-licants. Looks to me like he left WFG because he got sick of being one of the 99.2% staying broke to fill the pockets of Xuan Nguyen, Ed Mylett, Penney Ooi and the few hundred others who sit atop the pyramid.

5 0 Reply

Aug 26 #1203905 Oxnard, California, United States

Seems like your business failed because you were a liar. People can smell a liar...
one day you might make it but only if you can manage to not lie.
oh and get facts over opinions.

1 6 Reply

Aug 26 #1204135 Berkeley, California, United States

Yes Oxnard Anon. Like you give us any facts about WFG. LOL!!!
Anon, please keep on being a senile Don Quixote tilting at windmills. Please keep sniffing out those liars OK Anon? Don’t let us get in the way of your little fantasies. Meanwhile, sensible folks will spare themselves untold amounts of time, money, anguish, and loss of friendships and family ties by avoiding WFG like the PLAGUE. WFG is a terrible exploitative MLM that harms all newcomers who stray into its path. Full stop.

6 0 Reply
beardedwoman

Aug 09 #1196967 Chula Vista, California, United States

Hi my sisters boyfriend got her into this and they've been doing this for almost two years. I know it's holding her back and they've even tried to sell me life insurance. I don't really know what to do at this point, and it's frustrating to see if she'll ever get out. Was there a particular event that made you realize that wfg was a waste of time?

2 0 Reply

Aug 06 #1195415 Mountain View, California, United States

WFG is affiliated with 400 of the biggest names in finance. Do you really think companies that have been have around for years who are on the Fortune 500 would be affiliated with them if WFG Is a scam? Are people really this ignorant?
You mentioned that Transamerica/WFG is a "pyramid scheme". Actually pyramid schemes are illegal in the United States. If there is a reference like this on the Internet, the state can press charges as it is a felony offense to make that claim. Please make sure you are referencing legitimate financial or government websites when doing research regarding WFG (World Financial Group), Transamerica, or Aegon as these will provide an accurate picture of the companies, their reputations, and their financials.
I am a happy client with them and have had my policies & annuities with them for years. I am reporting this site and will have charges pressed for misrepresenting a company that has kept me retired for years.

3 12 Reply

Aug 06 #1195461 Panorama City, California, United States

What are the chances that there would be separate "anonymous" comments from an agent AND a client from the SAME city around the SAME time on this post (and several other recent ones)? If you want to appear as if you are different people commenting, at least remove your location.

8 2 Reply

Aug 06 #1195553 Berkeley, California, United States

Panorama City Anon, that's right. Idi*t No-Name from Mountain View doesn't even care he tells such sloppy lies. Actually we should be grateful to Mountain View No-Name. He's doing his part to discredit WFG, a truly awful MLM.

6 1 Reply

Aug 06 #1195555 Berkeley, California, United States

Mountain View No-Name, please waste your time to "report this site." The more time you spend with this useless effort, the less time we have to listen to your garbage about this terrible exploitative company that spawns mindless soulless pathogenic viruses that rips off family, friends and any other victim that strays into their path. Thank you.

7 1 Reply

Aug 06 #1195560 Berkeley, California, United States

Mountain View No-Name, yes, unfortunately, some people *are* too ignorant and trusting to know that *especially* "big names in finance" can rip off the little guy HUGELY. Ever heard of the major class action suit that Feller launched against Transamerica 6 months ago for deceptive Universal Life insurance policies? Ever heard of JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs? Enron? Arthur Andersen? Lehman Brothers? WFG will go the way of those last three companies once the law firms and regulatory authorities catch up with this utterly deceptive and abusive little MLM.
Please go to the 18 May review titled “10 Lies and Misreps That WFGers Tell You--And Themselves.” Then please read down to here:
Lie/misreps #3: "We focus on sales, not recruiting. We are not a ‘pyramid scheme’. "
Lie/misreps #4: "If WFG’s such as scam, why hasn’t it been shut down?"
No-Name, these clearly explain why you are completely wrong.

6 1 Reply

Aug 06 #1195582

Your first paragraph is right out of the WFG script they teach to all their recruits.

4 1 Reply
Anon

Aug 08 #1196199

please and thank you!! please report the slander and lies that are preventing so many from the truth that this business is hurting based on a couple people with grudges, while families are hurting every day, praying for an opportunity such as this one.

0 3 Reply

Aug 06 #1195413 Mountain View, California, United States

I made $250,000 my first year in the business and have had zero complaints from any clients and agents. WFG is not for everyone but it does greatly depend on who your working with. Feel sorry for the WFG agents who land working under people who don't know what their doing.

1 8 Reply

Aug 06 #1195499

I call BS on this post. Only those at the top of the pyramid which is less the 1% of those in wfg are making real money in the company. And your claim that you did it in your first year is very improbable. Your claim that you have zero complaints shows just how delusional you are. Show your proof of this ludicrous claim!

7 2 Reply
john43

Aug 06 #1195503

Now there we go MR ANON WFG AGENT-CLIENT-RETIRED FOR MANY YEARS....FROM MOUNTAIN VIEW CALIFORNIA...you've been caught..I knew that you were an agent...scared of your pyramid coming down because you are profiting from the 200k new recruits needed to feed the top??
Yep...these are the wfg agents that people trust.They lie and lie about who they are.
AWWW and you made 250k the first year...
Well I made 250k in 30 days selling my used underwear at my local farmers market but I shouldn't need to tell you that because you already knew it..Who needs to gloat about his income so much without any proof anyways...usually liars that have a big ego or need to lie to bring in more recruits..that's who and of course are scared of lawsuits and chargebacks!

8 1 Reply

Aug 06 #1195565 Berkeley, California, United States

Mountain View No-Name, I feel very sorry for you that you get so easily lost in your own lies and contradictions. You are one of the Donald Chumps of WFG. Except, like most WFG trolls here, you're too chickensh*t to back up your wild claims with an actual name and actual contact info. We are not shocked.

7 1 Reply

Aug 08 #1196204

You can put all of this passion into positive energy and spend all this time spending posting on the internet into helping families instead of defaming a reputable company! This company stands behind their values with the money they do pay out; are you helping others by paying out the money to those who have plans with you and are in need? Give it another shot and with all of that passion turned into positive, you can very much succeed :)

1 8 Reply

Aug 08 #1196313 Berkeley, California, United States

Anon, please allow me to say, you are simply and completely WRONG. WFG is a truly terrible company. I present ample evidence based from WFG's *own* documents, to show exactly *how* very bad WFG is. Meanwhile you give us nothing but happy airy words without a shred of proof. Anon, anyone with any ability to think and reason will know which of us tells the truth. Thank you.

6 0
Kaien

Jul 28 #1191554 Houston, Texas, United States

You tell a very compelling story Hugh and it's appreciated that you told your experience. You're right, it's almost like a religion. They believe, but believing can only go so far when reality hits you. Then when they do healthily question the business, they get shut down through little 'motivation' seminars, conventions, and their uplines. I hope current WFGers read your story and least open themselves up to hearing the truth or at very least a logical argument. You do make a good point though; they need support as much as the tough love of the truth bought out by people like us who highlight their lies and unethical actions.
I have noticed many adamant WFGers come comment on here only to have their argument literally dissected in front of them, then only to have them never be heard again. Even when they rarely do come back, they completely shut out strong arguments and challenges with weak counterarguments. Many WFG dissenters like me are former WFGers, so we know what goes on and we're more than willing to help (despite how much we blast them), but WFGers need to open themselves up first to reality and reasoning. We can't show them the light if they refuse to look out their hole.

15 1 Reply

1-20 of 24 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to World Financial Group. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about World Financial Group.
Filing a new complaint about
×