666 views

World Financial Network National Bank (WFNNB), Columbus OH, calls my phone continually concerning another person's debt for over 9 months. They use multiple phone numbers and states and do not always identify themselves.

I have repeated informed them the person is not at my number, do not call, remove my number from their call list to no avail. I have received several hundred calls over the past 9 months, often 6-10 calls in one day. WFNNB's actions are a blatant disregard for the FDCPA 15 USC 1692.

I do not have any WFNNB accounts and no debts.

I now file a complaint of each call with FTC Do-Not-Call. I also filed a complaint with my state AG, the OH Comptroller's office and the BBB of Central Ohio.

Each future complaint will have running list of times and phone numbers to illustrate the harassment by WFNNB.

Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania

Comments

World Financial Network Bank

P.O. Box 182273

Columbus, OH 43218-****

This is the address associated with Dress Barn account that calls my phone repeatedly from different numbers 614 212 ****, 913 563 ****, 614 729 ****, and a host of others. I will never open another account that has anything to do with these jerks. Out of an entire year, I was late once. They are screwballs that don't leave a message and hang up when the answering machine comes on. And for the *** that states that people need to pay their bill, why don't you get your information straight before making such an ignorant comment.

Get in touch with your U.S Senator. Have all your documentation handy.

I'm from Oregon where there are so few people our Senators always respond to any problems I have had that is in their domain.

They always get re-elected because they are so responsive to their constituents.I earlier got a refund from an air line that had refused to have anything to do with me, not only a refund but an abject apology by phone. So, good luck. I threw in words like interstate financial abuse.

Don't let the bastards wear you down.

Get your U.S. Senator on it.If one won't act, try the other one and let him/her know that you support him.

Sorry JVG but I am getting a ton of calls from Allied who claim they are collecting a debt from WFG (World Financial Group). I explained I have never done business with WFG (in fact, I had to look them up).

WFG provided no corporate phone number .. only regional and I wouldn't know which to call. All Allied has is my name, phone number and birthday (which they can easily get online). They were then trying to get my address and social.

They must be crazy. They would have that if they were legit! I have a 740 credit score! There's a reason for that ...

I pay my bills. Allied needs to be stopped!

I believe your complaint against "World Financial Network National Bank (WFNNB), Columbus OH" has been categorized with complaints against a very reputable brokerage firm called World Financial Group. It seems many consumers are confusing the two companies. As I googled WFG I found your complaint titled "Annoyed By WFNNB...

World Financial Group Complaint by AnnoyedinPA .

I want to make it clear that WFNNB is in no way related to World Financial Group (WFG). You've obviously Googled/Binged,etc.... the wrong company to place your complaint against. Accurately research the correct company prior to making slanderous remarks about a company that was created to protect families, not hurt them. World Financial Group is a brokerage firm in the business of helping families obtain Life Insurance, eliminate their debt and create short and long term savings for retirement. THEY DO NOT GIVE OUT LOANS , COLLECT DEBTS, NOR CAUSE PEOPLE TO GET FURTHER IN DEBT. You are confusing WFG with perhaps another organization with a similar name.

In the past 7 days (including today July 4th, 2011) I have received 24 phone calls. All from which I have not been home for.

The representatives have NOT communicated with my family members on why they are calling, nor leaving a call back number for me. I had no idea why they were calling until I realize that this is a store credit card that I have. I have these paperless statements, and I haven't received a SINGLE ONE. I've checked all three of my email addresses, spam folder, trash can...everything and NOTHING.

And guess what? I can't call them back because they are "closed" today, yet they can still harass my house on a National Holiday!!!! WFNNB your employees are DIRT BAGS and ***. You're a sick *** joke of a bank and I will encourage EVERYONE I know that has a WFNNB credit card to CANCEL it as soon as possible.

I've contacted the BBB and reported your harassment. I get another *** phone call from you and you'll be hearing from my lawyer.

It's against federal law for anyone in collections to contact anyone not affiliated with the debt unless perhaps the person owning gives explicit permission and even then it probably should be in writing. But collections companies break it all the time.

Install a dvr on your phone and record record record. Eventually if you get enough of the write evidence and they broke the law, they could be sued and shut down. No joke.

It's happened before. Usually the companies that have been around a while know better, but not 100% of the time and you can always get a noob collector who is either a *** or just doesn't understand or care what the rules are.

#208339

I like this company, perhaps you should be proactive with your credit card accounts. If your mail is not delivered to you timely by the USPS, it is not the credit card companies fault.

Late is late and it just sounds like an excuse to them. I say you should get rid of the snail mail bills and sign up for online accounts like the rest of the real world. I have never heard of someone doubling your bill, that is not allowable by law unless you have not paid your bill for months and months which could result in cumulative interest. If for some reason they are illegally ripping you off, become informed, know the credit laws and quote statute if you have to.

I have never had a problem with them.

But then again I pay my bill off every month and have these accounts for the store incentives they provide. When it comes right down to it, you are borrowing THEIR money and are at the mercy of their terms allowable by law.

#202809

Finally, now's my chance. I HOPE YOU ALL CONTINUE TO GET COLLECTIONS CALLS AND FALL FARTHER AND FARTHER INTO DEBT.

ALL YOU PEOPLE DO IS *** AND CALL AND TELL ME TO GO **** MYSELF. I WORK FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AM NOT A *** DEBT COLLECTOR. SO NEXT TIME YOU DECIDE TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND GIVE A PIECE OF YOUR MIND THINK ABOUT WHO YOU'RE TALKING WITH FIRST. MOST OF YOU ARE JUST IDIOTS WHO THINK THAT AVOIDING YOUR DEBT WONT HARM YOU.

DON'T BORROW MONEY YOU CAN'T PAY IT'S NOT THAT GOD *** HARD.

THIS FORUM SHOULD BE CALLED "RETARDS WITH FINANCIAL ISSUES AND STICKS STUCK UP THEIR ***" By the way whoever wrote comment number 2 is even more of an ***. Who the *** spells madder like matter?

They called my company 30 times a week and tell me I have accounts with them, I don't have any accounts. Now they call my house phone repeatly telling me and my son i have accounts we don't... they refuse to give names, account info or there ID

I will cancel ever card I have with this financial group. They don't work with you at all.

I have never been late on a bill for them at until my post office decided to return all my mail to sender. I get an email today and try to work with them and they treated me like a piece of ***. I will willing to pay the full balance off and they wanted to charege me even more money to do that. She just stated calm down...

I like the more I talked to you the matter I get because you aren't listening or evening trying to help. They have doubled my bill!!!!!! I think I will even stop shopping at the places that use them as a financial group. I rate this group the same wy I do Bank of America.

They are sorry pissses of ***!!! Sorry I am venting at this moment.

Paid off a CC in December. Called, was given the runaround, hung up on! and annoyed!!!!

WFNNB HOLDS THE SPIEGEL CARD. SINCE MAY I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A CREDIT FOR A RETURN POSTED TO MY ACCOUNT.

THEY SHOW ME 2 MONTHS PAST DUE ON SOMETHING I DON'T EVEN HAVE. SPIEGEL SAYS THEY SHOW THE CREDIT IN THEIR RECORDS ANDTHAT I HAVE TO CALL WFNNB. WFNNB SAYS THEY DID NOT RECEIVE THE CREDIT FROM SPIEGEL. THEY ARE CALLING MY HOUSE EVERY DAY.

I HAVE EMAILED AND FAXED ALL THE INFO TO NO AVAIL. I AM CAUGHT BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE.

I THINK IT IS A SCAM FOR THEM TO MAKE MONEY BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO PAY JUST TO NOT HAVE THEIR CREDIT RATING HURT. I HAVE NOTIFIED THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND MY LAWYER.

World Financial Group Reviews