World Financial Group Reviews

Show reviews that mention
wfg people money business life insurance agent family life insurance scam
Filter review
Just got a call in from someone who supposed to be from WFG. A lady angrily said, "Please stop texting my recruits." Then I asked, "Who the heck is this, how did you get my #?" She answered."Because you've been texting my recruits." In my head, I'm working in...

Unfortunately you still don't. Check out the August 2013 issue of Forbes magazine and www.researchwfg.com.

If you are in the financial industry, World Financial Group is taking market share and you need to be concerned or ask to have us represent your firm. If not, we can probably help you save money on taxes and debt servicing by restructuring what you are already spending. We are not the ones that are phoning or texting or harrassing people.

That has nothing to do with what we do. We are only looking for those that want to get ahead financially and people to help them do that.

Harasment Over the Phone

I don't know what the story is with World Financial but this company has been calling my home repeatedly over the past several weeks even though I have told them on several occasions to stop calling. I filed a complaint with the FCC and will follow up with them. I am talking to an attorney to see if I can file an harassment suit against the company. In the meantime, I urge everyone to stay away from this company! Any company that is so disrespectful of people and their right to privacy in their own home is not a company that you want to do business with. Consider yourself warned.

World Financial is a different company from World Financial Group.

World Financial is collections and World Financial Group is a Financial marketing firm that offers insurance and investments.

Adding to comment below, World Financial representative asked for payment over the phone. Calling non stop and rude.

Who does that when you are one month late owing a total less than $100 to a company?

We have a great credit rating. No desire to do business with people who are likely willing to ruin credit rating for nothing.

World Financial has been doing the same to my 86 year old disabled mother, calling every hour from 7am until 11pm. There is NO reason for this type of behavior.

Mother is $30 past due one month on purchasing a couple of shirts and pants from Old Peublo Traders, San Antonio, TX catalog company. Our first action is to pay off Old Peublo Traders the $101 purchase and send them a letter we will NEVER shop from them again. Suggestion - identify those stores using World Financial and NEVER shop with any of them again. That might send the message to the people keeping World Financial in business.

We don't have to do business with you if you are going to hire thugs. We will be reporting to our local congressmen as they are waking her up and keeping her up.

Next step, filing a complaint through the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please let us know if you file a class action suit - we're in!!!

i went to make a payment and it was late..there were other people in the business besides me an they all clapping an said its about time in front of everyone.it was very embarrising they treat like a criminal. and yes they are very demanding with there calls they even showed up at my work once...ALSO the lady kim that works in there are friends with some of my friends and she called them discussing my account with them......im payin them completely off an never dealing with them again

I'm thinking it's a typo, but if you did file a complaint with the FCC you may not get much. You should file with the FTC. However, if you do indeed owe these people money, they have every right to contact you and attempt to collect on what you owe them.

Did you forgot to pay your bills?

View more comments (5)
Yonkers, New York

World Financial Center

My husband was contacted by a man stating he got my husband's resume from someone. Long story short. He was told to go to a meeting . He met a woman who also works for "World Financial Group". They told my husband he would have to pay $100.00 for paperwork. Turns out this place is a "pyramid". They want you to ask your family and friends to join and invest. The last meeting my husband went to, the woman stood him up. The office was closed. He e-mailed them and asked for his money back of $100.00. She never answered his calls and has not returned the money.

Its funny that some people are saying I paid this much for a online class like the money went to WFG lol. WFG DOES NOT do online classes, for example prelicensetraining does state required 52 hours you go to a REAL ONLINE training class and pay them to get your certificate which then allows you to take the state test because you met the STATES requirements.

YES just like a real estate license or pretty much any other license you need certain requirements to take the state test. My trainer at WFG yes at WFG paid the 100 dollars for me and im lucky that he introduced me to the company. There are TONZ of people who were doctors who worked there tails off making a couple of hundred thousand dollars a year when you can do that PART TIME. Its the complete opposite of how were brought up and its foreign to us because were all brainwashed to thinking going to school for many years dumping tons of money in education to make less then what we put into school and in the end you don't work for one day you don't get paid unless you use your sick or vacation pay.

Even then ive seen TONS of people get fired and laid off not getting paid benefits just so the company can save cost. Very little room to grow and constantly getting hardly any raises.

So what is your retirement going to be 800 bucks a month on SSI, ya don't worry your government will take care of you when you retire lol. Again just like ANY business if your lazy and cant see yourself making money or don't want to try im glad you got out of there you would be a waist of time for people who are actually serious wanting to help others around them and living a better quality of life.

WoW why are you people so ignite! worse then ignorant.

If you would start a business how much would it cost you? It would not cost you $100 more like the cheapest is 50k. I am a part WFG.I paid $100 bucks and I paid for my business liscense because every business you do you have to be liscense dummys! I have made 100x my $100, am I getting scamed?

For those of you that is ignite i bet you guys have never even seen 250k! in your entire life! if you are going to be this ignorant, you will grow old and work at walmart, good luck to you being an employee for the rest of your life, working for someone that your making them rich. They are on top of the "PYRAMID" the company you work for, and guess what you are on the bottom of the "PYRAMID" and you will never get to make it to the top!

But in WFG you can! Good luck to you!

They just featured World Financial Group and Transamerica Financial Advisors in Forbes magazine. Lol such a scam...

You "smart" people have figured it out but one of the most well known and famous business magazines still hasn't! What will that do their credibility?! OMG! One of you idiots should warn them!!!!

Lol such ignorant people. I do not work for this company I am however a very happy client! Had it not been for them I would have lost everything! The financial industry is one of the most highly regulated industries in the world.

Do you really think they would still be around going on 20 years now if they were scamming people? Umm hello!

Pyramids are ILLEGAL!! Lol I really do feel sorry for some of you.

STAY AWAY no matter what! I tried it and I am so happy that I didn't go all the way with these brainwashers.

They first demand $100 plus $50 for the online class to pass life insurance exam. Then there is more bs. You have to bring $500 in CASH a "security deposit" for 6 seminars...and the most important is that they want you to recruit two more people. The most interesting part is when if you pass their exam you keep the deposit and no deposit otherwise.

I went to a couple of these "trainings" and I found myself bored to death listening absolutely irrelevant speeches given by the people from the inside to brainwash the audience. I stupidly spent $150 for the initiation fee, but I am very glad I didn't continue with them.

The sad part about most of this.....everyone has their opinion and everyone searches the internet for answers. I personally love the internet because it shows how "small" the world can really be.

A FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANY A SCAM? REALLY? SOMETHING THAT DEALS WITH PEOPLE PERSONAL INFO SUCH AS SSN, DOB, BANKING INFORMATION and SO FORTH and SCAM is still in BUSINESS? If it was that serious, then THINK, why would the GOVERNMENT, FBI ANYDAMNBODY in the LEGAL system not research this and bring this company DOWN.

PAUSE........Maybe it was just the agent you talk to and the lack of RESEARCH on your PART. LMAO. What can you say, its America. Lose your job or better yet DIE without any protection for your family or better yet LIVE to long and ask yourself WHY you don't have any money for retirement and then ask yourself........WAS IT A SCAM?

LMAO. By the way, i am not an agent of WFG, however I am in agent in the field and MOSTLY everyone has a say when it comes to their money and all firms out there conducting business to HELP PEOPLE. Listen to your government, they are the biggest rip off yet.

LOL. I love this country!

I am really glad that you are sharing with people the WFG scams. May I suggest that you contact the Office of the Attorney General, so that an investigation will be launched.

It really isn't enough to make a small comment since people who are retired, will retire or are building a retirement are really at risk. I would not want my Mother, Aunt or any other elder to become the victim of this scam. What products to these people sell to others? Why are they selling the products?

Will the product benefit the consumer? As I do my research, these are the questions that I am also answering. The most important question is, why would firms that have good reputations

do business with WFG?

Should we trust these firms? It is really important to get the answer to these questions.

do business with WFG?

I was contacted in a super Market parking lot as I was ringing a bell for the Salvation Army (volunteer). He offered me a job with this outfit. VERY GLAD I checked in here first!!

View more comments (7)
Avenel, New Jersey

World Financial Group is a scam

World Financial Group agent Alborzi is the biggest scam on the face of the earth. They will cheat you out of your money like there is no tomorrow. Do not do any business with them. They will trick you into signing up with their life insurance/investment products. They make it seem very easy but the devil is in the detail which they won't tell you. When you find out then it is too late to get out of it. They will keep your money and you will have no recourse. I have never seen crooks like these people.

LoL, more professional? For being in the investment world for more than "30" years you surely do have very unprofessional written English grammar.

The company has a reputation for working under a somewhat scam like model, so I wouldn't call this rant unprofessional, but more like TRUE.

I just left a "job interview" for "financial educator" with this company. Within the first 3 mintues I knew exactly what type of multi-level marketing scheme this was. He dances around with words like "make millions", go to "Hawaii", earn "thousands" when you sign up other people.

Never really talking about the actual "insurance" that is to be offered to customers. That, is how you know this is multi-level marketing retard game.

Hello I have read the information but I like to know How I can put my own comments about World Financial Group, or Aegon. I have worked for them shortly and wanted to put a report in Googles for everyone to be aware and stay away from this company?

Well!! I have never read a review as non professional as this one.

I bacame a client of one of the companies that World Financial Group is offering. the person who helped me to arrange my assets was a very honest person. Actulaly he managed about all of my assets, in forme of protection, retirement and also rollovers and...Thanks to him, during the crash on August I didn't loose any money, but my friend that i was telling him to roll-over his 401k and he didn't listen to me lost $75000 and then he decided to listen to me. Anyway, I don't know what was happened that you are so obssesed.

Is that the agent's fault, your fault or maybe you are not famillier with the investement word. As far as I know World Financial Group doesn't have any product they are working with hundreds of well known companies, such as Transamerica, Prudential, PAcific lige, ING and Western reserve life. I know there are more but me and my family are using this companies. Nest time when you want to write a review please be more professional.

I've been in the investement world for more than 30 years and I know that they are working with integrity, if not FINRA, will punish them. Any way Sir/Madam.

be more knowledgabele. You can not judge a compant based on one person's work, even if you are right.

View more comments (2)
Los Angeles, California
Hello everyone, I believe people should just wake up, no one makes you sign anything unless you want too, this company offers an opportunity for a business they show you what they have, World Financial Group is legislated through the Government, the courses are...

Blame the unethical individuals, not the company.

Ethics is a main topic in the new LLQP license exam now.

Calgary, Alberta
My friend brought me to one of their meetings. Everyone was so overly enthused. They brought me and other new people to watch a dvd then a ppt presentation. However, when I asked how the company works, they were very evasive with their answers. Then I asked other...

"Winning Life Over You" nice try. But one hyooge prob: You don't "own" your own biz.

You're only a contractor. Your customers are not yours. WFG--not you--totally owns them.

Please read your WFG AMA carefully.

Please educate yourself.

Thank you.

World financial

I am NOT happy that some people call and WON'T let me know who they are with they only say it is PERSONAL. They are trying to get money I DO NOT have you try living on a short pension under 600.00 a month. I am doing the BEST I can and NO ONE is listening I don't like to be woke up just to hound me for something I don't have. Give me a BREAK before I have a break down. I pay my bills when they come in to NO satifactation. leave me alone

World Financial Group has been and will always be the best financial business around. You are paying 100,00 to own your own financial business. Where else can you go and pay this small amount to open up the doors to great riches?

Columbus, Georgia
WORLD FINANCIAL GROUP IS THE BEST OPPORTUNITY FOR CHANGING LIFE STYLE , GROWTH , AND TO BE SOME BODY , ALSO TO HELP FAMILIES . I LOVE WFG SPECIALY WEST LA BRANCH AND THE BEST LEADERS THERE.THEY ARE REALY HELPING ME AND MY FAMILY , AND FUTURE. SOME PEOPLE BECAUSE OF...
Riverside, California

World Financial Group, Reuben Lowing

California Labor Commission clearly states if an individual, or individuals or an applicant or applicants pay to obtain a job, then this is not in accordance with the law and is highly illegal. World Financial Group solicits people to come to meetings trapping them into giving anywhere from $100 to $20,000 to obtain a job. This is illegal. There is no job. In fact, the people putting on the show, doing the meetings are without jobs themselves & everything to do with their promotions, soliciting victims to invest in their scheme known as scam. Anyone out there think about reporting them to the IRS?? Do not fall prey to their scams. Additionally, there should be no credit check fee to an applicant applying for a job and is an excuse to collect money from unsuspecting victims innocently who are seeking employment; naive enough to fall for such stunts. Don't be desperate & don't fall for their pranks. They're not legal & nothing they do is legal.

Goliath, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. WFG is not a JOB, it's a business opportunity much like becoming a real estate agent.

WFG is a subsidiary of one of the most admired corporations in the world known as AEGON.

There is nothing illegal and the company has helped many many families. As is always the case, only angry and uneducated people (people who think they should get a free handout instead of working hard to be successful) fly off the handle and complain about a legitimate company.

WFG is a business opportunity not a job. The problem is some people are employees and some are Business owners.

Which one do you want to be? WFG is a proven system that can be duplicated. It's not for everyone. It's for the person who wants to better themselves and the people they serve.

WFG is regulated by FINRA & SEC. There is no scam here.

No one ever promised me I would be a Millionaire. I do however work with 6 & 7 figure earners.

the $100 isnt buying a JOB its paying for overhead and lets you start a BUSINESS of your own. its comparable to opening your own Mcdonalds franchise but instead of paying a Million dollars, its 100.

I've never visited a WFG office that requires anywhere from $101-$20,000 to join the system. They charge a fee of $100 not for you to obtain the job, as your argument suggest, but instead to pay the overhead.

If you researched the system you may actually begin to understand the structure of the system. However interesting your claims may be, they are clearly wrong. The meetings are in fact training sessions, and not by any means a frenzy to feed on the "unsuspecting victims". The IRS is aware of the WFG activities, and once again your sources are invalid.

For you see the WFG is fully registered and compliant with all regulations. Though you must have missed this in your thorough examination of the system and the industry behind it. Emotional appeals to logic, as the type of argument you've posted, are in fact fictional based and solicits people into fear of a company that has done nothing wrong.

Learn to use facts and not emotions. Explaining the law, and then branching off into an emotional appeal doesn't work in the real world of results.

View more comments (3)

REUBEN LOWING & WORLD FINANCIAL GROUP

THIS IS NOT A BUSINESS NOR IS IT LICENSED TO CONDUCT BUSINESS. ITS JUST OLD MEN TRYING TO STAY IMPORTANT, FILIBUSTERING TO HEAR THEMSELVES SPEAK. NOTHING MORE. REUBEN LOWING'S BACKGROUND IS MAINTENANCE CLEANING NOT FUNDING OR LENDING OR IN THE FINANCIAL WORLD. 本不是企業,也不是授權開展業務。它只是老無所盡量保持重要的是,拉布聽自己說話。僅此而已。魯本LOWING的背景維護清洗不撥款或貸款,或在金融世界。 ESTO NO ES UN NEGOCIO NI ¿Tiene licencia para realizar negocios. LOS HOMBRES SOLO VIEJO tratando de mantenerse IMPORTANTE, filibusterismo escucharse a sí mismos HABLAR. NADA MÁS. ANTECEDENTES REUBEN siguientes ES DE MANTENIMIENTO DE LIMPIEZA NO FINANCIACIÓN préstamo o en el mundo financiero. THIS IS NOT A BUSINESS NOR IS IT LICENSED TO CONDUCT BUSINESS. ITS JUST OLD MEN TRYING TO STAY IMPORTANT, FILIBUSTERING TO HEAR THEMSELVES SPEAK. NOTHING MORE. REUBEN LOWING'S BACKGROUND IS MAINTENANCE CLEANING NOT FUNDING OR LENDING OR IN THE FINANCIAL WORLD. 本不是企業,也不是授權開展業務。它只是老無所盡量保持重要的是,拉布聽自己說話。僅此而已。魯本LOWING的背景維護清洗不撥款或貸款,或在金融世界。 ESTO NO ES UN NEGOCIO NI ¿Tiene licencia para realizar negocios. LOS HOMBRES SOLO VIEJO tratando de mantenerse IMPORTANTE, filibusterismo escucharse a sí mismos HABLAR. NADA MÁS. ANTECEDENTES REUBEN siguientes ES DE MANTENIMIENTO DE LIMPIEZA NO FINANCIACIÓN préstamo o en el mundo financiero.

I fount ur comment very indignant. world financial group have never solicit $20 000 from someone just to get a job.

in fact i don't know any company out there who has been in business for 20 years as world financial group that would be making people pay 20K just to get a job.

Stop lying to people in the internet. the company charges 100 bucks application fee and if you don't wanna be a member you don't have to pay anything.

WFG is not a JOB. A job is a place of work where you have to answer to your superior and work your life satisfying them.

WFG is a business, similar to a franchise. In a franchise you pay hundreds of thousands of dollars simply to use their established name to gain higher yields. In a franchise you are your own boss. WFG is similar to a franchise.

If you want to compare WFG to something, then compare it to a franchise. In WFG, you pay $100 for a start up cost similar to a franchise, but with WFG the cost is much smaller. the $100 goes to background checks and small processing fees that go to a 3rd party company that checks your background. Do you really want criminals handling your money?

I don't think clients want drug dealers, and criminals handling their money. WFG is a scam? If WFG is a scam then Transamerica, Western Reserve Life, Merrill Lynch and many other companies must be scams too. The huge corporations I just listed are under the Aegon umbrella.

WFG is just the marketing arm of Aegon.

Simple as that. Do your research before you call a 600 billion dollar corp a scam, that also has a ticker on wallstreet.

World Finanical Grouop is changing the financial industry by helping families. When you say Job you are still in the old mindset of working for someone else.

WFG promotes Entrepreneurs. Those who want to be their own boss. Tell me what business out that allows you to start your business for only $100? And that 100 bucks pays for the overhead to run your business.

If you want to open a shop you are looking at 10k to 500k just to run a business.

Once you open it then you are stuck there running it 365 days. So far no other business out there has the system, the training and the support like WFG!

View more comments (3)
San Diego, California
they tell you they are going to make your dreams come true but what they DONT tell you is that they run a credit check on you that costs $100. So they get paid $100 for every "successful" job interview. They tell you that you are the success but they make the money....
#981982

How many of the "pro" WFG actually have any education or knowledge in finance? How many are first or second generation immigrants?

I personally know every person in the WFG office in my town in Cali. While there may be nothing illegal about their business, it surely preys on those that will never get licensed and completely unable to tie their own shoes without help. The high energy and large promises to these immigrants is sad, its like a lion feasting at the lone watering hole. There is sooo much "hype" and no learning at their meetings, it is ***.

The office manager at the office here bought a $30k Mercedes, put Ebay rims on, and some fake emblems to make it look like a $100k Mercedes, in order to fool potential clients and new hires that he is rolling in money. FYI, a well optioned Toyota Camry is near $40k. WFG's business plan is simply misconception. I could go on and on but, *** it's a waste of time.

Several members, most from my gym, have officially tried to get me involved and once they learned that I am a doctor with strong financial knowledge, they simply let me alone, as they couldn't even understand have of the questions I blasted at them. In all, WFG is an unethical company preying on innocents, in order to increase their own financial worth, not those of their "new hires".

Los Angeles, California
a few months ago i was in the process of picking applications at the mall when i was approached by a woman named natalia about my age and told me about a job opening her husband had and asked for my number and said if he was interested they would call well they...

*** people like this make me laugh I met some one like that to I went to their meeting & it was one of the best experienses ever yes you have to invest money on your own licence in order to make money if you never get licenced you will think its a scam. Just like a doctor or a lawyer cant work with out their licence..

Come on people really you make me laugh unfortunally I couldn't get licenced because I have setain things in my record that wont allow me to get licenced but if I could I would invests $2,000 if that was the amount that I had to invest in the licence but its only $450 the total..there is alot of *** people out there that think that their boss will alwqys have a job for them not knowing that when they get tired of you they will just fire you without even thinking about it.. They don't care if you have kids or not as long as they feed their own family..

Oakland, California
This World Financial Group would not refund my hundred dollar in spite of promising to refund after rejecting my application. When I asked the reason for not accepting my application the only answer they gave me was the upline did not accept. They did not have any...

I am in a similar situation. My so called trainer used to text me after 10pm to "check up" on me...creepy *** weirdo.

They have not refunded my so-called $142 membership/background check fee or my $107 for the course. Which he logged into right away knowing that if I did not log in I had 10 days to receive a full refund AND the $28 for an upcoming seminar. I call leave msgs and text NOTHING and they used to ring down my phone ALL the time especially when I missed a meeting. One of my best friends was supposed to attend a meeting with me.

My trainer SCOTT FELDMAN called her work multiple times and from private numbers insisting she should go to the meeting. She was totally creeped out. If that's not a good enough reason to stay away from these predators. They are at 11 Sims Crescent unit !

in Richmond Hill. They practice grooming behaviours and want to profit from YOUR contacts. The CEO would always get mad if ppl did not bring recruits saying there is 70 of you so there should be 70 guests. All 100 plus ppl already could not fit in that tiny office.

It's all hype and coercion tactics. They are trying to sell you a dream. MOHAMMAD KHALEGI was my upline and drives an older car and I drive a 2013 vehicle. He's been doing this for 11 years!

You sir are NO millionaire.

They are good at selling the American Pipe Dream and it's a dream because you have to be ASLEEP to believe it. I'm already in the process of getting the police involved.

Richardson, Texas
Loss
I went to one of these meetings. The people were overly nice and pushy. They all pressure you to buy their products and become an 'associate'. When I resisted, they asked me why I was afraid of greatness! They begin by telling stories about financial freedom and saving...

My fiance and I have been in this business for about 4 months now and I have never seen a top 100 list. Yes we do ask our associates for a top 25 list because we only work off of word of mouth.

When first coming in to the business we were taught everything about the companies and about their products.

The $100 to start off was not for a background check and compared to starting any other business that is cheap. Just because you didn't work out with our firm do not make other people believe that we lie.

Moorpark, California
wfg is a rip off. they have you fill out a top 25 of friends and families to harass. they say in order to hit a pay raise you have to hit a time line but they don't allow you to take your exam in time to get paid for those referrals. the offices in corona and temecula...
Loss