World Financial Group is a Scam

World Financial Group is a straight up scam. First they ask you to come to a meeting about a possible job in the insurance industry. Then when you get there you see it is nothing about a job, but rather is a whole bunch of people hopping around and spouting off about how much money they make.

Secondly, you will be asked to make and appointment for an interview for a position with the company. This is not an interview, but really is a bulls*** session where they ask you about your life goals and then try to use those goals to trick you into giving them money.

Thirdly, they will ask you to come back for a training session. When you get to this supposed training session all you hear is more garbage about how much money you COULD make, how you need to pay them money for certification and a background check and fingerprints, and how you need to bring in three to five recruits a week.

This is not a job. This is a scam. Do not give the representatives of this company any money. If you need a job go interview with a company that does not ask you for money, or invest in an education for yourself.

I never once gave this company money. I went to three of their 'meetings' to see what they had to say. Never once did they offer any type of training. Never once. They did, however, ask for money each time.

In the meetings that were supposed to be training sessions they never gave insurance training of any type, no real information. They did love to tout how their affiliation with big name companies like Hartford was real. Good for them, but association with legitimate companies does not make them legitimate or any less of a scam.

The individuals who run these little meetings that are supposed to be training sessions love to repeat how their company is not a scam and is valid because they are in a heavily regulated industry. They love to claim that they have very few, if any, sanctions or fees brought against them for misconduct and misrepresentation.

This is simply not true. Lookup their company record, especially look up their company record under their previously listed company names. You will find many inconsistencies with their claims and find some to be outright lies. Wikipedia has great information on this.

My best advice to you, other than to NEVER give these people money, is to agree to go to some of their meetings. Go. Take notes so you can remember what to look up on the internet later on. Write down the claims that they make and check them out. Look up written opinions and financial reports on this company as you research them.

Be sure to read information that is FOR this company as well. You need to hear the good things people say about WFG. You need to read and hear their success stories and RESEARCH them. This will give you a better picture of how people are brainwashed into this company.

You will find that getting straight answers is extremely difficult. Seriously, go to a couple of their meetings and you will find out. Of course, don't tell them you are simply checking out their scam. Just go and listen. Check out EVERYTHING they say and claim.

They will also talk heavily of how so many people think their company is a scam and how these people are only naysayers who don't want to make money. Listen very carefully to how they speak about people who do not like the company and who try to prove it as a scam. They will give every excuse from people being vindictive and subversive, to people being lazy and not really wanting to make money.

But don't take my word for it. Go. Go to a series of these meetings. Take notes. Do not give them any money. Have a really good laugh at a really good scam.

review #219081
668 213 Helpful?
Had the same issue88 Comments141
Had an experience with World Financial Group?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 30 #1001568

You're full of bull****. That's very far from the experience I've had with the company. Maybe you just got a bad team. The team I am with is ALL about serving the needs of clients and training for reps is provided EVERY day, except Sundays. You can play for the White Sox, or the Cubs. Apparently, you got the Cubs.

Jun 18 #996802

First of all anyone who wants to get licensed in anything had to pay down their licensing themselves. Rarely will a company pay for it, unless it's a corporation like Walgreens who will pay their pharmacy techs to get licensed for the first test and any other tests they have to pay. I'm a licensed medical esthetician and had to pay almost $27,000 plus I have to pay seprate payment for my license. If you want your real estate license you have to pay for it. No one else will. This opportunity is for an Entrepreneurship which means if you work you make money and you invest in your own business and be your own boss. If you join and don't work then obviously it was a waste of money. Some people want to work for other people and make other people rich and some people want to make themselves rich. If your scared to talk about your business then of course an entrepreneurship is not good for you. Some people go to school for years to do finance and are in debt to school loans and may also work for a company that could lay them off for various types of reasons and take most of their commissions. So in reality this is only a scam to people who don't have the work ethic to make their own money and build their own business.

May 06 #980545

Whoever wrote this message are very uneducated. You didn't even give yourself a chance to try to understand the company and you wrote about the negative issue. How can a company teach you how's money works, teach how to save money for your families and futures, teach how to plan for your retirement, teach how to pay less tax, teach how to invests your money, teach how to save for your kids college planning, and etc. would be a scam. All of the associates needs legal license from the state in able to do the business!!!! For your information, You will not be successful in your life, you will be like a rat that who just work with pay check to pay check. I felt sorry for you.

1 4 Reply

Jun 15 #995250 Houston, Texas

you are part of same group I knew it. Get life without harming or troubling others, spread happiness not the fear and stress; if your business is legit, when I say "NO", you should be insisting like arrogant. Don't waste my time I just said "NO", so it's a "NO".

Mar 25 #963162 Fontana, California

Wow... You figured out the the big scam... All the people showing up to offices to run a business. All the thousands of people helped. Really??? We use smoke and mirrors to scam people into starting a business of their own..rather than work a dead end job for the rest of their lives. More smoke and mirrors of office leases, office staff, computers, desks, chairs...just to scam YOU and other people into believing they can make money or be somebody. Sounds like your so skeptical on everything you see that you can't get past yourself. Thanks for figuring us out. Are you proud of yourself? Cant run our business so you decide to write bad things. Loser!

2 3 Reply
Diane Trinh

Apr 06 #968594 Santa Clara, California

lol......i love WFG. I've learned so much ever since i've started this business in November 2014..THey teach me nothing but making money and learning how to make money working for me..Go WFG...

1 1 Reply

Apr 07 #968855

don't forget to pay your taxes on those millions that come directly from the $$$ you take from your family and friends in fees..Please say thanks to all your clients for skiming most of there profits.

Jan 11 #929385

This doesnt even sound real....who would allow this person into 3 meetings without already being an associate? I've been with the company for almost a year, and have yet to be asked for my fingerprint...? Really?
What is so "brainwashing" about motivating others to better themselves?
Oh yes (the kicker), you chose Wikipedia as a reputable source for info? This alone should make you guys question everything he/she has stated.

2 5 Reply

Mar 27 #964388

Have you ever seen so many posts from wfg business owners being so frustrated because people will stay poor....WHY??? Because the problem is they need the poor and gullible to help with there base of recruitment.This is not a normal business where only the best and experienced financial advisers are hired....nope..i think if you can speak and be brainwashed you are perfect for this business and nobody except those that have a criminal background will not be hired...that's it!

get life

Nov 24, 2014 #905481 Winter Haven, Florida

When I see people who put stuff on the internet whit no idea about what they are talking about I like to laugh in their face. I have been with the company for a while and I have nothing but good things to say about it. The on thing that this uninformed person said that was true, is that people are lazy. It seems like this person expected a lot but didn't want to put any effort in to it. That's fine, no big deal, but when he is broke and paying a ton of taxes living paycheck to paycheck. They wish they would have listened. By the way you don't pay the co. for finger prints or license you pay the state. Just like a real-estate license. Get informed make a educated decision don't pop off at the mouth about something you don't know or don't understand.

3 3 Reply
nice

Nov 13, 2014 #899489

Lol this *** says its a scam never once actually took the leap and tried out, bro where i work they train like crazy...your crazy people like you will never be rich because your scared to take a risk...a loser mentality sorry man a guess a desk job is whays for you

0 2 Reply
nice

Nov 13, 2014 #899490 Edmonton, Alberta

Sorry for the spelling mistakes the lgg3 is a *** to text on...

1 0 Reply
CC

Sep 22, 2014 #873622

I actually own the product and so do other people I know. I also know several people who are doing extremely well with the company. I think that it takes a small person to judge a company because there protocol is not the normal boring traditional boring corporate America way. If it does not work for you than fine ..... But how can you call something a scam if you don't own the product or never worked for the company???? As I tell my kids you can't share big dreams with small people!!!!

5 4 Reply
hahahathanksforthelaugh

Sep 22, 2014 #874052

the "wolf of wallstreet" sounded just like you, cc.
a scam is a scam is a scam. and anyone with an ounce of brain matter can see it from a mile away.

4 5 Reply
I_want_the_truth_about_WFG

Sep 25, 2014 #875283

QUESTION FOR hahahathanksforthelaugh, have you ever seen the products that WFG has to offer? have you ever seen or met with anyone from the company? I'm just trying to figure out how you claim this to be a scam? In a real scam, you get paid for recruiting, at WFG you do not. I understand that the representation was not good, asking someone to come in for an interview. From this one interview, is this making it a scam? Are the licensing a scam? Because from what I know you have to get licensed through the state. Also they do a back ground investigation, just to see how your criminal record is, if that person may have any felonies, misdemeanor charges, if they do, they can not be part of there team. Is AEGON a scam? What about TRANSMERICA? If you don't know who AEGON is, well they are the mother company of TRANSMERICA, and WFG... Oh yeah one more thing, why is it that every time I have read something negative about WFG, it seems as if it was written by the same person, just in different places online??? I would really like to learn more about WFG and how it's a scam, but with some real proof.. thank you...

4 3 Reply
Sharp Shooter

Apr 10 #970231 Victoria, British Columbia

Yes I have met idiots from WFG and spent three weeks. They brag about money they are making. They are like panhandlers in market. It is a cultm they want 100 percent control on their associates. They call themselves leaders, money does not make a person a leader. Lot of your true leaders , military man, police officer, fire fighter do not make 6 figures but they do selfless act for their country and people. These WFG clowns are borderline crooks in suit and tie. Trick to make money in WFG is talk to every one with heart beat to join business. Eventually you will find number of like minded idiots driven to become rich. They will make money for you. You have to go 24/7 looking for people.

1 0
The Bitch of Wallstreet

Dec 31, 2014 #923638

If you want to succeed. Crush everyone in your way. Yeah I want to make money and crush all that stand in my way. Yeah the company might be a scam but if it means I crush America so be it. I am not at WFG to help others I am there to help myself.

hahahathanksforthelaugh

Sep 22, 2014 #874053

"product" my ***.
and it's "then", not "than". another tell tale sign of a scammer is they don't know how to spell or spell check their comments.

3 0 Reply
WFGyesornoyoudecide

Oct 05, 2014 #880328 California, United States

I have always felt that intelligent people who really know how to present their case don't have to revert to profanity, and or the little symbols that represent it. It's to bad you are so angry, and if someone from the company made you that way I apologize. Yes I am an agent with WFG, and I know you will disagree but I am not brainwashed nor do I feel I am in a cult. I am enough of a realist to know that in every business or profession you will encounter the good and bad this world has to offer. Apparently you encountered the bad, once again I apologize. People should investigate things before making a decision, especially one as big as their livelihood. Look into the rating of the company, not just by sour grapes type of people but by professionals in the same industry. Do realize though that sometimes these professionals have their own hidden agendas as well, hmm cold that be you, no that's preposterous. Realize that if this was a scam and or a pyramid scheme then the states where these individuals get their license would be in on it as well, and nobody has caught on yet. Every type of business or job is not for everybody. Some people like sales some don't, some like interacting with people some don't and some like commission some don't. Those were just a few examples before you start attacking me for not including every type of comparison. Good luck in your job search or career choice as I can only surmise that's why you first gave WFG a look. O and if eye mispelled... Show more

5 1 Reply

Jan 14 #931012 Chatsworth, California

exactly how I feel .. its funny how people can get info from Wikipedia lmao theres always gonna be naysayers but me I know this system is gonna work no matter what. we are in the business of attraction we are looking for people that are looking for us. but I cant say too much I would just say to come down to any of the local offices and check it out for yourself that being said have a great day and I would love to meet with you inn the mere future -luis rivas from the Glendale office #whoosh

0 0

1-20 of 141 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.