World Financial Group is a SCAM!!

Sep 23, 2010
review #199726

I have recently been into the World Financial Group in Brea, CA.Not only in my opinion did they lie about what they claimed there company could do for me, they stole my money!

I fell prey to the nice words and nice facade put on by people with in the office. I felt as if they were truly a good company with the ability to help me. I feel I was misled because they present ideas and solutions to me that sounded great and almost to good to be true. That's because they were to good to be TRUE!

They were all lies after I signed papers to have them help me they told me what they couold do to help me and it was nothing what they told me in the meeting I had with associates and managers of this company. It was all just a scam to get me to hand them over money.

Please don't fall into the trap I did with this company.STAY AWAY!!!!

6634c86
1.1
Had an experience with World Financial Group?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Let COMMON SENSE kick in

Jul 27, 2013 Elk Grove, California

Everyone has legit opinions due to their own expereinces but anyone that has common sense will know that every company and person will have something bad to their name and also something good. It's not the company that is bad, it's the people who don't do the right things that are bad. To really get the truth, find out for yourself by being an actual part of it. A person's bad expereice should not prevent another person who can have a wonderful expereince. Remember that google and the internet is only a search engine and not a research engine. If you want accurate truthful information on companies, you actually should pay money for the research that way it is more legit. Furthermore, anything related to the financial service industry is heavily regulated so just use your common sense when you read people's comments about being scammed and what not. People will always find someone else to blame when they don't succeed. I'm sure there are bad wfg agents out there but keep in mind that there are also the good ones. Remember that everywhere we go we will ecounter good customer service and bad customer service. For instance, if I get bad customer service at walmart, I can't say that walmart is a bad company, it just means that the person who works there, needs to be fired. I hope this makes sense to people who like to base their decisions on other people's opinions.

Bobby

Apr 27, 2013 Dallas, Texas

World Financial Group is a fraud! They took my Money and will not pay me back, don't go there, if they can't pay my money back, I feel sorry for those paying them money for life insurance, its a legitimate scam!!!!

jay

Apr 27, 2013 Dallas, Texas

World Financial Group took money off me $125 for registration,and their booklet, they took another $310 for a seminar in Las Vegas for July 2013, one day I decided to find out about the company so I googled WFG and read about the scams, so I decided to get my money back, Marygrace from WFG in Dallas refussed to give me back my money, I said why and she said company policy, she refussed to pick my calls and stopped calling me, World financial group is a piramid Scam, don't go there!!!!!!

THE TELL IT LIKE IT IS GUY

Mar 20, 2011

I ALMOST FORGOT, I DO KNOW PEOPLE WORKING FOR WORLD FINANCIAL GROUP AND THEY ARE MAKING MONEY BUT THEY ALSO GET UP AT THE CRACK OF DAWN AND WORK HARD. THEY DON'T SLUFF OFF AND BLAME EVERYBODY ELSE IF THEY FAIL. AND I HAVE SAT DOWN WITH THEM. IT IS NOT A SCAM, IT IS A GREAT COMPANY WITH GREAT PRODUCTS & SERVICE. MY COUSINS BEEN A CLIENT FOR YEARS AND HAS ACCUMULATED GREAT WEALTH BECAUSE OF THEM. I JUST HAPPEN TO BE WORKING SOMEWHERE ELSE BUT I WOULD DEF WORK FOR THEM IF I COULD.

0 0 Reply
the tell it like it is guy

Mar 20, 2011

OF COURSE SHE'S PISSED OFF. SHE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL EITHER. "LIED ABOUT WHAT THERE COMPANY COULD DO FOR ME." LoL! THERE ARE TONS OF LAZY PEOPLE BLAMING EVERYBODY ELSE FOR THEIR FAILURES. IF SHE SHOWS UP TO WORK AT McDONALDS AND DOESN'T DO JACK, SHE GONNA GET CANNED AS WELL. AND OF COURSE SHE'S GONNA BE PISSED & PROBABLY BLAME McDONALDS FOR BEING JERKS. LMAO! WHAT A LOSER. WHY DON'T PEOPLE REALIZE THAT THERE IS OPPORTUNITY EVERYWHERE BUT IF YOU ARE A LAZY** B**TCH YOU WON'T ACCOMPLISH A *** THING.

Shesings

Mar 08, 2013 Garden Grove, California

If you don't work for them, why are you so angry? My cousin works for Wells Fargo but if someone started saying bad things about Wells Fargo I wouldn't be upset!
Sounds like you are an employee there. If so, you are aiding them in their fraudulent endeavors!
Are they a legit financial services group? Yes! Are they looking to hire people to be on pay roll and not only work for commission?? NO!
People are actually hurting out here. I am so sorry that you are so out of touch with reality to see that and understand the people who are posting here frustration.
It's hilarious how many people become spell/grammar check police when someone says something truthful that strikes their nerve!
Apparently she spells well enough to *** you off! Charging someone to do their background check when you are a multibillion dollar a year company?? Sounds like a very insincere place to me too!
Thanks for the warning everyone!

mary

Dec 06, 2010

I am about to join, and I decided to read these blog. Been in the MLM business for a decade, so I know what it takes. Here all I found the same old complaints from people that does not get how a MLM work. You really have to have what it takes to succeed in this enviroment of MLM and cold calling, and approaching people on the street you do not even know, I do not have a problem with that, I learned to do it from zero sales experience. It is how it is, and it is not for everyone. People looking for "help" wont make it here, people looking to be great in business NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES, will have a chance, good luck to everyone.

Bruno

Nov 26, 2010

Truth be told...those that go to where they are now....have burned lots of bridges. Listen, if you want to go to a legit financial advisor, don't go this route. This is not a professional outfit. I wouldn't waste any time with them. If you do get recruited or talked to anyone by them..whether they be WFG or some affliate..just pass and say I got something better to do with my money...

URbroke

Nov 09, 2010

Haha its really funny the only looser listen to other looser to confirm their fears. I like the comment that recommend all the haters to grow some balls and do somethng about your life. Allianz, Prudential, ING, Nationwide, Jackson National, John Hancock, and more would never do business with a company that its a scam. may be is people like you that make it a scam coming here thinking that you can get rich quick, haha I have news for ya! get to work buddy, no free lunch here. SEC and FINRA is where you need to get your info and not here you loosers!

LOL

Nov 05, 2010

its funny how they drop big names. a nice one i heard is "we just signed the co blah blah blah of acer" HAHAHA. We make commision on those we recruit but only till they surpass us. HAHAHAHA. and..if your taking it seriously and really recruiting them passing you..how likely does that seem that they would do it immediately. "a lady from thailand is one of our branch managers making 6 figures, she also got her green card by writing an entry for a scientific journal about a machine regarding DNA" HAHAHAHA. seriously...so why dont you tell everyone about this huge money making business..."well because I'm keeping it for myself and I want to only share it with my family and friends so they can make money to"...I fucken hate pyramid schemes. This one is worse than that pre paid para legal ***...

anna

Oct 28, 2010

whats so bad about recruiting? Avon and Mary-Kay are reputable companies as well and they do a lot of heavy recruiting so are they a scam as well? maybe if you people weren't so closed-minded then you'd actually make something of yourselves.

karen

Oct 28, 2010

World Financial Group has been the greatest opportunity I have ever had. Due to the economy, I was forced to shut down the doors of my business that has been open for 12 years. It was a big disappointment but when I was introduced to WFG soon after, I felt like there is hope again. What did not work for you does not mean it cannot work for others. After seeing all the negativity online, I was hesitant at first but then I began to do my proper research. You cannot base everything on the opinion of others who failed at the business. Instead, you must get to the true source such as the people who regulate the industry and the government. What I have found is that this company has great credibility and if they didn't, how could AEGON be worth $465 billion? they are also on FORBES GLOBAL 500 and ranked #103. since you people like to google so much, why dont you google that instead of listening to these close-minded people. if you were to walk into State Farm, Prudential, or any financial company and say "HI, I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE, NO DEGREE IN FINANCE, AND I'D LIKE TO MAKE MY OWN SCHEDULE" -- they will laugh their heads off at you. in WFG, that is exactly what you can do - someone with no experience and no degree in finance can be fully trained ON THEIR OWN TIME. if thats not called a great opportunity, then i dont know what is. during my first month of becoming licensed, i made $1,500 part-time. that might not seem much to others but that $1,500 helped me pay my mortgage when my... Show more

WOW

Oct 28, 2010

I am a Wfg Agent and you are in a bad office who seems to be sugar coating it for you a little 2 much. In a traditional MLM you have to recruit to make money. with wfg if you, your lic in a timely fashion you will make money. this company is not based on your team it is based on you. If you do not work you will not get paid period. If you are not willing to put your head down for 3 to 5 years and run a business you are right this is not the company for you.

GPJ

Oct 22, 2010

The biggest lie I was told in the Brea office is that WFG can sell New York Life. That is pretty sad, having to lie and piggie back onto one of the most reputable, recognized, and biggest AAA rated company across the board.
Ask your WFG recruiter which one of those companies they represent have not been downgraded by at least one of the major rating corporations. They are a joke and they rely on a old name to bring trust, when in reality (especially today's reality) these companies have lost a lot of money during the recession.
So New York Life becomes a good name they can refer to since according to LIMRA they control 10% of the life insurance market share, an accomplishment no company in history has ever been able to do. But don't believe them, it's a lie and they cannot sell New York Life.

Eric Dyer

Oct 15, 2010

For those who can't make a decision based on the facts, but want to instead rely on the words of other quitters will never be successful at anything!!! Why? Because you'll quit at the first sign of any challenge. You don't become the 4th largest broker dealer in the World on a 100% referral business by screwing people or being a scam! The funny thing is they don't "own" any of the products they place for clients. Those are companies like Prudential, Allianz, John Hancock, etc etc etc. Are those companies scams. Is our entire financial system a scam? Man some of you people need to grow some balls and think for yourself!!!

Cheese

Oct 15, 2010

I used to work there for a year and been a client almost 3 years. They are not scam, but it will be a lot of work to build your business if you are going to run away from a rat race. Being a client in this economy, I made 30-40% interests on all my investments through them. With other company I used to invest like Charles Schwabu, I lost 50% total of my investment. Also they teach me how to invest tax free. Getting to know people are in top helped me to learn more investment options:)

Craig

Oct 13, 2010

If by "SCAM" you mean its not for people who don't have dreams of succeeding in controlling their own destiny, or are unable or incapable of leading or inspiring others to do good things for others, or don't believe in helping middle income people build and protect wealth, then yes, you are right. For $100 you can join a company that will give you the tools to build as big a business as your heart desires. Part of one of the largest financial services companies in the world, AEGON, which owns several giant brands, such as Trans America Life and Protection. Partnered with giant companies like Pacific Life and Nationwide. Bigger distribution than Met Life.

It's not an easy money business, but you can build as big as you want, sell products that pay recurring income and be recognised and rewarded for your efforts faster than you will in the corporate "pyramids" most of us toil away in.

You can whine and make excuses for your failure or you can get off your butts, stop acting like victims and start pursuing results. Reasons or Results? Which one are you?

WFG, WGS and IAI are awesome business opportunities!A few failures can't change what tens of thousands of people are succeeding at. Is McDonalds a SCAM when a location fails? Or is it a poor operator who hired poorly and was ultimately rejected by the community surrounding it? You decide.

Anyway, if you want a great opportunity to build something meaningful, part-time,
... Show more

Nana

Jul 14

You are really brainwashed by your cult, stopped brainwashing other people and go and get your money if you really do Money...

SJD

Oct 01, 2010

Just received a call from this company, also in Brea. It sounded to slick to be true. It's a MLM and I'm not going there. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Showing 1-20 of 22 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about World Financial Group.
Filing a new complaint about
×